Thanks to the US Navy from Canada

Page 2 of 3
trader4 @ optonline.net, using double-spaced formating, wrote:

==========Crimea is an autonomous parliamentary republic within Ukraine and is governed by the Constitution of Crimea in accordance with the laws of Ukraine. The capital and administrative seat of the republic's government is the city of Simferopol, located in the centre of the peninsula. Crimea's area is 26,200 square kilometres (10,100 sq mi) and its population was 1,973,185 as of 2007. These figures do not include the area and population of the City of Sevastopol (2007 population: 379,200), which is administratively separate from the autonomous republic. The peninsula thus has 2,352,385 people (2007 estimate). ========== It's a complicated area of the world, and the politics of who ultimately controls or governs it is certainly not clear to us.

It is a SEMI-autonomous area within the Ukraine. Haven't seen anything that suggests they have control over such things as inviting people to invade.
but what they conceal is vital."
Kurt Ullman wrote:

Says what authoritative source?

Not all rules, regulations or rights are specifically enumerated in a constitution. Any american should know that.
Do you have the right to put cream in your coffee? Where is it written?
On 3/2/14 10:30 AM, Home Guy wrote:

But the powers given the federal government are enumerated.

In our Bill of Rights. The ninth and tenth amendments specifically say the rights belong to the people. The federal government has only the specifically listed rights given it under the Constitution. Link here: http://tinyurl.com/astv45x
We're not doing a very good job of making the Feds stick to their proper role. Eric Snowden is either a real patriot or a traitor. I think he's more on the patriot side of the ledger.
On Tue, 4 Mar 2014 02:09:05 -0800 (PST), Luke C Feur
    Explain please. Or is thinking too much for you ?     []'s
--
Don't be evil - Google 2004
We have a new policy - Google 2012
Kurt Ullman wrote:

Hi, Russia has imbedded interest in the region including the naval base. There are lot of ethnic Russians living there. Ukraine it self is not autonomous united country. Canadian government stated Canada is with Ukrainian people, my question is who they are referring to?
On Sunday, March 2, 2014 9:53:01 PM UTC-5, Tony Hwang wrote:

No one in the Ukraine has done anything to threaten any of the Russian bases.
There are lot of ethnic Russians living there. Ukraine it self is not

Say what? It's every bit as much of a country as any other. Ask the UN. It's a member.
Canadian government stated Canada is with

The whole country obviously, which should be able to make it's own decisions on how it's people want to live without occupation by foreign forces. You had a corrupt pro Russia stooge, Yanukovych elected who looted the country. There is something like $35bil in loans missing and another $70bil that is known to have been moved outside the country, and he's stuffed his pockets with billions. His final mistake was choosing to try to align the country with Russia, instead of Europe. Now, which countries have a better track record of economic success, personal freedoms, less corruption, etc? Europe or Russia run by the former head of the KGB who has stated that he wants to put the USSR back together again? So, of course most people in Ukraine had enough of that and forced the skunk from office. The Russians prefer the corrupt stooge so Putin can have his thumb on the Ukraine. That is no reason for Russia to invade and that's why Canada is on the long list of countries telling them it's a violation of international law and to get the hell out.
On Sunday, March 2, 2014 9:53:01 PM UTC-5, Tony Hwang wrote:

All of the people that are part of the Ukraine, idiot. Not only is it a sovereign country, but in 1994 when Ukraine agreed to give up all their nuclear weapons, a treaty was signed by the Ukraine, Russia, USA and UK guaranteing Ukraine's sovereignty. At the time, Ukraine was the third largest nuclear power in the world Now the murderous thug Putin has flaggerantly violated that agreement. And if he can do that, why should anyone in the future give up nuclear weapons or believe anything the USA or the west says? Why do guys like you make excuses for a murderous, thug dictator that denies basic human rights, has looted the Russsian people of trillions of dollars? While the Russian people live in poverty, Putin and his murderous mafia buddies, loot the country. Those murderous thugs include the scum yanukovych, who was Putins puppet and similarly looted the Ukraine. Some 35 bil is missing and another $70bil in loans to the Ukraine are missing.
On Thu, 6 Mar 2014 10:41:29 -0800 (PST), " snipped-for-privacy@optonline.net"

    After the Nazi coup in the Ukraine, I have no idea. When was the last time an American President was ousted for raising wages or not paying international debts promptly ??     []'s
--
Don't be evil - Google 2004
We have a new policy - Google 2012
Yanokovitch's "dascha", or "cottage" as we say, had a private golf course, flower gardens with a full time gardener, indoor swimming pool and his own private zoo.
That's where a lot of the money went. There, and Yanokovitch's personal Swiss bank account.
--
nestork

On 3/6/2014 1:41 PM, snipped-for-privacy@optonline.net wrote:

So, no one should ever trust the US or Russia, in terms of giving up guns? How about state of Conn? There is a push there to have guns registered. And how about NYS? Where there are new laws about turning in guns? Should we trust Conn, or NYS?
--
.
Christopher A. Young
On Sunday, March 2, 2014 10:47:31 AM UTC-5, Home Guy wrote:

It was to you a minute a go, idiot. And it is clear that the Ukraine govt has the ultimate control, certainly in regard to asking for Russia to invade.
'Home Guy[_3_ Wrote:

Home Guy:
That's because there are very many different Canadians with very many different agendas.
Don't tell me you don't remember that Episode in Seattle where a guy wanting to drive to the Los Angeles Air Port had a bomb hidden in the trunk of his car?
Don't tell me you don't remember when both Canadian and American border guards had trouble keeping Canadian natives from smuggling tax exempt cigarettes from Canada into the US to be sold on the black market?
And, I suppose you haven't heard about Canadians in BC trying to smuggle marijuana across the BC/Washington state border?
The vast majority of Canadians consider Americans to be friendly neighbors, and vice versa, but the border services are there to try to identify and stop the few who are intent of exploiting that good will to smuggle drugs, guns, people and terrorism across the Canada/US border.
--
nestork

On Sun, 2 Mar 2014 18:42:47 +0100, nestork

And likely 50 times more were smuggled north by the same groups.

And there has been as much American dope smuggled into Canada (mostly before BC developed the "better" strains - which are now grown also in Oregon and Washington

In both directions.
nestork wrote:

The most absurd thing is that people and goods can cross national borders in Europe without having to submit to ridiculous customs/immigration checks even though those countries were at war with each other 60 years ago. Countries with different languages and histories. And yet back here in North America, we have a bitterly defended border between US and Canada (defended far more vigorously and seriously on the US side), with every mile, every foot under video surveilance, every person's papers checked, every letter or package bogged down by customs proceedures AND EXPENSES.

That's a fuzzy idea that does not speak to the fundamental issue here. The US thinks it's a fortress - even in terms of it's "friendly neighbor" to the north. I know what it was like to cross the border before 9/11. There was talk of having a single facility at every crossing, jointly staffed by both countries, to handle cross-border traffic. You could drive into the US just by showing a birth certificate (with no photo!) and just say you were going shopping for the day, and you weren't asked if you were carrying more than $10k worth of currency and other bullshit questions.
The border has "thickened" since 9/11. It's been well documented.
On 3/2/14 5:45 PM, Home Guy wrote:

I can't comment on crossing the Canadian, U.S. border or on flying after 9/11. Some of the security measures seem silly and pointless. They're more an intrusion of privacy and just for show from what I've read. Add to that the warrantless snooping going on. In addition to the Bill of Rights we also have what Chief Justice Brandeis called "the right to be left alone". From Wikepedia: http://tinyurl.com/argddd My one experience with security checks was at the Gateway Arch in St. Louis, MO. There was a line outside the Arch of fifty people or so waiting to get safety checks. A couple guys with guns or bombs could've easily gotten a bunch of us. I don't remember if it was possible to drive a vehicle close to it. The security people had a couple take their baby out of the stroller. They checked my shoes which had metal shoe string loops. The only advantage to the charade was the dying and wounded people wouldn't have been bleeding inside the building.
Dean Hoffman > wrote:

Hi, My take on that is security is designed to inconvenience harmless ordinary Joe. Some how bad guys all go aorund or pass it thru.

The one real lesson to the bureaucrats and CongressCritters from 9/11 is that are going to get 6 kinds of hell from the Talking Classes if they let anything like this happen again. This is very much more protective of the bureaucracy ("Heck we checked little old ladies and strollers for God's sake, what else COULD we do") than of air travelers.
but what they conceal is vital.
On 3/3/2014 7:49 AM, Kurt Ullman wrote:

Don't know if it's still in effect, but I remember some about quotas, they can only search two Muslims per flight. That kind of thing. That's part of how the 9/11 guys got on, they were later down the line of passengers.
--
.
Christopher A. Young

    Is never trust your intelligence agencies. They might turn on you.     []'s