!@#$ Textured Paint

A previouse owner of the house I just bought used textured paint ON THE WALLS in the kitchen.

When I say textured, I MEAN textured. This stuff is nasty.

My wife (SWMBO) wants the walls smooth. As I see it, I have two choices. Belt sand the garbage off, or go over the walls with another layer of drywall.

I'm really considering the layer of drywall route. I drywalled 3 rooms in a previous house with pretty good results.

Does anyone know if they still make 1/4 inch drywall or is 3/8 the thinnest available.

Any other ideas / suggestions?

Thanks Brad

Reply to
Brad Bruce

I was able to find 1/4" a year or two when I needed some.

Reply to
Kyle Boatright

I would also go the belt sander route. Also, I am wonder why you don't just take out the wall and drywall with regular thickness drywall.

Reply to
scott21230

WALLS in the kitchen.

When I say textured, I MEAN textured. This stuff is nasty.

My wife (SWMBO) wants the walls smooth. As I see it, I have two choices. Belt sand the garbage off, or go over the walls with another layer of drywall.

I'm really considering the layer of drywall route. I drywalled 3 rooms in a previous house with pretty good results.

Does anyone know if they still make 1/4 inch drywall or is 3/8 the thinnest available.

Any other ideas / suggestions?

Reply to
BobK207

Reply to
Tim Killian

What kind of paint was used? If it was a latex, use a new, clean pump up style sprayer and wet the walls and then lightly scrape it with a 12" knife.

Reply to
HeatMan

"HeatMan" wrote in news:whPAf.7051$C% snipped-for-privacy@bignews2.bellsouth.net:

Hmmm... Worth a try...