Testing flush toilets

High on the list of things I really didn't need to know is how engineers test a flush toilet's "load". According to Popular Mechanics, their unit is a condom full of 50 grams of miso paste. "Engineers flush six units to simulate a typical man's demands. At trade show demos, folks toss in 10 units at a time. The 1/2 kilo test proves the loo can handle even the toughest encounters."
I used to like Japanese food, but now...
HB
On 7/10/2011 12:57 AM, Higgs Boson wrote:

I tend to stop up toilets. Perhaps that's why that guy said I was full of.......... never mind.
TDD
Higgs Boson wrote:

See, that's the problem.
A condom is not the proper thing to use to simulate a log of shit in a toilet. These "condom logs" will have very little friction with the toilet bowl, and between each other.

5 or 6 Taco Bell burritos may be a better test

On 7/10/2011 10:25 AM, Mike wrote:

I have 2 Kohler Cimerrons and have really tried, but never succeeded to make them not flush. I also have never held to flush lever down .... you know, to get that extra bit of water. The one serious problem is that they have slow/soft closing seats. We always close them to keep our pets out. So, when visiting other people and using their facility, you might hear B A N G, when we not so gently drop the seat.

But did they use the smooth condoms or the ribbed?
Robert
..

They never show a test with gobs of toilet paper in the mix.
Greg

I had read that years ago canned dog food was used as "toilet test matter".
On 7/10/2011 2:39 PM, DD_BobK wrote:

Well, that is what it looks and smells like when you open the can. No wonder some dogs eat their own turds- they can't tell the difference.
--
aem sends...

Higgs Boson wrote the following:

I was thinking of buying those toilets and then I saw some commercials. I don't play golf, so I don't need a toilet that can flush golf balls
--

Bill
In Hamptonburgh, NY

The troop ship I rode to Alaska on my first deployment had such a system. No privacy at all. With a line waiting there were no 'contemplative moments' :)
Harry K
On 7/12/2011 9:31 AM, Harry K wrote:

I was wondering what that stream of liquid I see squirting out the side of troop ships was as they mosey on down the shipping lanes. ^_^
TDD