Testing dollhouse circuits and bulbs

It's been like that for a while. My heating bill is half of what it was for the same period last year. I don't mind that. I just hope we don't see a string of 100+ F degree days in the summer. I dislike the heat a lot more than the cold.

-- Bobby G.

Reply to
Robert Green

You gotta admit it's been weirdly warm for the last couple of months. I can remember some God-awful cold at this time of year. We've had major and serious snowstorms happen on Nov. 11 and killer frosts in October. When I first moved in the temp dropped to 6F and the furnace overloaded it cycled so fast. It's almost Christmas and it's 61F here. That's not right! (-:

-- Bobby G.

Reply to
Robert Green

Memory lapse! It's called "Minature" - searching on Dollhouse got me all sorts of Russian girlie sites.

You'll have to go to the link to read how it ends. You're close.

-- Bobby G.

Reply to
Robert Green

Oh, poor you. Life is SO hard. You just try and try and no one understands you. Did you give up this easily during your two year Mormon mission. Seems you give up pretty easily. On the other hand, if someone doesn't get what I am saying, I regroup and try again.

If you really had a point maybe a bigger hat will cover it up and no one will notice. (-:

I'm glad that you're done - now you have to call somebody to wipe you.

If you want to be a prick, I can accommodate you. (-: If you just want to be a scold, I can help you there, too. If you want to be a very bad stand up comedian, I'll gladly heckle you. Name your poison.

I've found, as someone who once made a living writing, if you readers don't get your points, you probably didn't make them as well as you thought you did. Should we start over and try to remember that we are supposed to be helping someone with their dollhouse problem? Or do you want to continue playing canis muy macho?

You obviously disapprove of the currently proposed solution and I agreed. I suggested an alternative and even offered to fabricate such a tester for the OP. Do you have better solution or a better offer? How is the OP supposed to measure the voltage present in the very small bulb sockets stuck in a teeny, cramped dollhouse?

-- Bobby G.

-------------------------- Previous and interwined top and bottom posted message fragments below this line:

--------------------------

Reply to
Robert Green

Is the Pope a woodsman? Does a bear shi+ in the Vatican? (-:

I neatly label boxes as "Misc. Fab. Material, Plastic" If you're neat about it, it's not technically hoarding.

-- Bobby G.

Reply to
Robert Green

I've tied no more than a few in my life because I've scrounged so many nice cords with built in strain reliefs for anything I build.

-- Bobby G.

Reply to
Robert Green

On 12/22/2011 11:32 AM, Robert Green wrote: ...

Well, we had a whole bunch of 70F Christmas days/weeks when I was a kid some 45-55 year ago but I can't recall one out of the 40s at best the last 10-14 years or so. Right now were 65 on Sat/Sun and snowing and blizzard conditions Tues and snowing again today lightly.

Things change and there are and have always been short and longer term cycles and folks remember only a _very_ short time...

--

Reply to
dpb

No. I'm isolexic, Or maybe they said photolexic. Or polyunlexic.

But I think maybe the real problem was that we didn't have any new wire and the old stuff had curves already in it. I didnt' want to cut off 6 inches to get to the part that was straight.

Also, it wasn't the knot at the top but just an overhand knot I was doing, and one side always seemed to overpower the other.. I eventually stopped making knots inside plugs on the theory I never pull the plugs out by the cord anyhow.

Reply to
micky

You can always put on more clothes, but there's a limit to how naked you can get (fully naked is the limit and not even that in public.)

Reply to
micky

I'm pretty sure I saw it. All the episodes of that show were good. Apparently Rod Serling practically worked himself to death to write and (produce and direct?) so many episodes so quickly.

I thought there was something wrong with me that I didn't ike "The Outer Limits", which I somehow thought was the sequel to the Twilight Zone. But now they show Limits on tv every night, and it's not at all like the Twilight Zone and I see why I didnt' like it.

Reply to
micky

And with a bulb in the circuit, there IS a load - and the voltage drops.

Reply to
clare

Reply to
clare

I just found the ideal tester adapter for testing that dollhouse lighting system. E-Bay # 320766470225 $3.99 including shipping from Hong Kong. Thread it into the E10 socket and you have an MR16 socket that is a piece of cake to connect to with the meter probes.

Reply to
clare

I liked the TV series "Dollhouse" staring cutie pie Eliza Dushku. ^_^

TDD

Reply to
The Daring Dufas

Wow, that is good.

The top description says 1 pcs but the other one says 10. Either way it's cheap enough. It's probably only one?

Reply to
micky

Considering it includes shipping from Hong Kong I'd say it's a safe bet.

I ordered 10 9 watt MR16 lamps on friday and got them YESTERDAY - less than a week from China.

Reply to
clare

On 12/23/2011 3:10 PM, Robert Green wrote: ...

Far SW KS, yes. 3F this AM. Not sure whether this front is going E that far or not at...

--

Reply to
dpb

Break, break. Where's the message? (-:

-- Bobby G.

Reply to
Robert Green

There's a great program, I think on the Biography channel, about all the problems that management-heavy CBS caused for Serling. He felt they would frequently butcher his creative vision with idiotic requests to change everything they could think of, mostly just to prove that they could. Television suffers from the same problem as the automaking industry. Too many generals and not enough soldiers.

The Outer Limits (the original version) was often handicapped by the ponderous moral lessons they tried to teach. They also had some of the cheesiest special effects this side of the movie "Sharktopus" or "Plan Nine . . ."

There are a small number of TOL's that have turned out to classics and showcased actors like Sally Kellerman and Martin Landau who ended up having impressive film careers. Landau's potrayal of morphine-addicted horror film star Bela Lugosi in "Ed Wood" is nothing short of brilliant.

You've got to be a real night owl, Micky, to catch the "Outer Limits" on TV - around here it's only on at 5AM along with Broderick Crawford's "Highway Patrol" and "Sea Hunt." If you ever watch "Highway Patrol" look for how often Crawford appears leaning against something when standing up. It's reputed he was fall-down drunk for most of the filming. (-:

10-4

-- Bobby G.

Reply to
Robert Green

Don't tell me you're a closet "Buffy the Vampire Slayer" (where Eliza got her start)!

You're a better man than I am to follow "Dollhouse." I tried but it was just too odd and complicated for me to follow. Of course, I watched "Lois and Clark" without paying too much attention to the plot only because it featured a young Teri Hatcher, who's at least as cute as Ms. Dushku. I watched "L&O: CI" mostly for Kathryn Erbe - I've got a thing for petite women with Glocks holstered on their hips.

So I get where you're coming from.

-- Bobby G.

Reply to
Robert Green