Testing a CO detector

They have a convenient spray that allows you to test the sensor elements of a smoke detector http://shopping.yahoo.com/search ;_ylt=Ap1v9v9qr9kriGriKvWtYOcbFt0A;_ylu=X3oDMTBhNjRqazhxBHNlYwNzZWFyY2g-?p=%22smoke+check%22+detector&did (most alarms have no way to test the sensors when you press the test button)
Is there a similar aerosol or method of thoroughly testing a CO detector? I couldn't find anything from a web search
Thanks
Ya, take it in the garage (with the doors open) and start your push mower. It should go off pretty quick. Those small engines really put it out..
steve

http://shopping.yahoo.com/search ;_ylt=Ap1v9v9qr9kriGriKvWtYOcbFt0A;_ylu=X3oDMTBhNjRqazhxBHNlYwNzZWFyY2g-?p=%22smoke+check%22+detector&did=
On Sun, 26 Aug 2007 22:40:04 -0500, "Steve Barker LT"

I forget what brand I have -- I can check -- but when I called them with a question I asked about putting it near the furnace to check if it was working and the woman on the phone said not to, that it would overload and ruin the sensor, I think.

mower.
What a Bimbo... she must have thought you were going to stick it in the flu. LOL
kjpro @ usenet.com wrote:
Son of a bitch changed his E mail addy. Again. Had to do a new filter. Pathetic loon.
jJim McLaughlin wrote:

His ISP musta terminated him. LOL!!
kjpro @ usenet.com wrote:

Don't underestimate the ingenuity of people. I once watched someone stick a very sensitive CO meter probe into the exhaust pipe of a car to "test it" even after he was told it would destroy it because the CO concentration was probably 1,000 times the design range of the unit.
I have an entryway right near where I back my car in (no garage). I just plug in one of the CO detectors in the entryway and run the car for a few minutes. I get a readout very quickly.
---MIKE---

>> (44 15' N - Elevation 1580')

If that were true, I think you'd have an urgent need to repair the furnace.
--
"First prove what you\'re saying, then whine about it."
-- /The People\'s Court/

http://shopping.yahoo.com/search ;_ylt=Ap1v9v9qr9kriGriKvWtYOcbFt0A;_ylu=X3oD MTBhNjRqazhxBHNlYwNzZWFyY2g-?p=%22smoke+check%22+detector&did>
CO test gas...
http://tinyurl.com/2du2pe

I have been a proponent for years of NEVER EVER buying CO detectors that are not the digital variety. Those who give you the current or past levels of CO in a digital format. If it's a beep/no beep type and the danger zone is 400 (pick a number), and you only get to 399, it doesn't go off. I like to know if there's CO present at all, and if it is just a little, or approaching the beep level.
Just MHO, YMMV.
Steve
snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com wrote:

http://shopping.yahoo.com/search ;_ylt=Ap1v9v9qr9kriGriKvWtYOcbFt0A;_ylu=X3oDMTBhNjRqazhxBHNlYwNzZWFyY2g-?p=%22smoke+check%22+detector&did=
Johnstone Supply sells a aerosol to test detectors.
--
Moe Jones
HVAC Service Technician
"John Gilmer" wrote in message ..

Grin, find a friend who smokes and have them blow smoke at it. Should go off pretty quick. Then you wont have a oven smell to deal with.

What, you don't like your mac-n-cheese to smell like patchouli?
nate