Tester: "open hot" but GFI WORKS?

I've got my little Sperry 302A tester, and it says the GFI in the bathroom is "open hot", yet it works fine, and the GFI triggers fine. And the tester's been working fine for other outlets, just not the GFI-protected one.

What gives?

Mark

Reply to
gmark

none of the lights on your tester light up, right? perhaps a bad contact between the GFI's hot and your tester's hot?

Reply to
peter