Terrible TWO's

"S. Barker" wrote in news:yOudnZH5jsjMmnranZ2dnUVZ snipped-for-privacy@giganews.com:

LOL, you must have had them tied to your leg or something, so they couldn't get away.

Reply to
RobertPatrick

In a word , yes. That is what the wife did/does. No servants, no maids. Just mom, and the boys. She involved them in the cleaning and cooking and laundry. So they were in fact always in sight. No reason for them not to be.

S. Barker

Nah. Something gets knocked in, what is the hotel guest going to do? Fish it out? That isn't their toilet. So they try just flushing it.

Una

Reply to
Una

No, all you need is one super housewife. For two year old active boys with busy hands and unlimited energy, you better know where they are and what they are doing every moment of the day and night. They will push the limit as far as you allow them, testing you every minute of the day to see if they could get away with something. Anything. Don't want them getting into my shop and start up power tools, or fool around with the range, playing with matches, getting into the medicine cabinet or the cleaning chemicals in the kitchen, playing with the microwave or testing out the 120V electrical outlets or get into the gun case as they have all day breaking into the combination lock. Waite a few more years and see that seven year old driving mom's car down the road. Kids are so resourceful and cleaver and will keep you on your toes every conscious moment of the day. A stuck toilet is a small price for admission.

Reply to
Frank

-snip-

Well- a mediocre househusband can do it too.

Especially if he really believes that the better we do for those first

5 yrs, the easier the next 15 will be. And it worked, too, BTW. Mine are 21 & 20 and I'm quite proud of the way they turned out.

At two there is *no* substitute for constant supervision.

Jim

Reply to
Jim Elbrecht

A friend of mine has a 4 year old who thinks she's 30. She (mother) went to the bathroom for two minutes, leaving the tiny adult in her bedroom. She comes out of the bathroom two minutes later and the kid is nowhere to be found. She rushes outside and finds the kid on the porch putting on her winter boots. Explanation: "I was goin' for a walk, mommy. I put my shoes on here so the noise wouldn't bother you."

WTF? Holy shit!

Reply to
JoeSpareBedroom

Replace the brat with a cat.

Reply to
<h>

The toilet is plugged.

Reply to
mkirsch1

We all read it. You were just wrong.

S. Barker

Jim Elbrecht wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com:

What a laugh!

Reply to
Noahbuddy

"We all"? I didn&#39;t realize you were spoke for everyone in the thread. That would explain why you jumped all over my first post when, in fact, I wasn&#39;t really even "talking" to you.

I wasn&#39;t wrong at all. I read the OPs sentence a little differently than you did, that&#39;s all.

This seemed appropriate in that there were either some words, or some punctuation, missing. Given that he/she didn&#39;t mention a flood, I wondered if he/she meant that the tank wasn&#39;t emptying when he/she actuated the handle. To me, this didn&#39;t seem inconsistent with a rug- rat hanging on the handle a bunch of times.

I will repeat that I conceded the other opinions that the toilet might be blocked.

Sorry to have caused you all this exasperation. It must make things difficult for you to have to correct all the posts that don&#39;t match your own thinking.

Isn&#39;t it funny how one never hears back from the OP in cases like this? I guess that&#39;s good....we can all be right until then.

Reply to
cavedweller

remove "were"

Reply to
cavedweller

I PM&#39;ed the OP. She confirmed that the kid had filled the bowl with debris.

Reply to
cavedweller

surprize, surprize. We all knew that already.

S. Barker

No, you assumed it.

Reply to
cavedweller