Terrible TWO's

Page 2 of 2

Replace "might have" with "obviously has".
--
Regards,
you would be amazed at some of the things that get flushed down a commode at a rather upscale hotel I do maint at. bars of soap, toothbrushes, free shampoo and hand lotion bottles to just name a few plus many unmentionables from feminine users. In the water saver or 1.6 liter per flush toilets many never make it and we pull the toilets up. Got my time down to less then 20 minutes start to finish.

Nah. Something gets knocked in, what is the hotel guest going to do? Fish it out? That isn't their toilet. So they try just flushing it.
    Una
On Mar 23, 1:25 pm, snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote:

suggest that perhaps the flush linkage (chain or whatever) is broken. Reach in the tank and open the valve at the bottom by hand...unless, as other posters infer, there really is a blockage in or below the bowl.
the damn quoted message that You yourself put above your reply SAYS: When I push the handle to flush the water from the

did you not read it or what???????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

I read it. It said "...from the tank come in". The water FROM the tank usually GOES INT0 the bowl. The bowl won't empty if the flapper valve linkage is broken now will it? I didn't read anything about the bowl having overflowed and OP did say that the kid flushed the toilet continuously...presumably until it stopped.
I also conceded that others had inferred another interpretation of the problem but you felt you had to pile on..........DH
We all read it. You were just wrong.

"We all"? I didn't realize you were spoke for everyone in the thread. That would explain why you jumped all over my first post when, in fact, I wasn't really even "talking" to you.
I wasn't wrong at all. I read the OPs sentence a little differently than you did, that's all.
This seemed appropriate in that there were either some words, or some punctuation, missing. Given that he/she didn't mention a flood, I wondered if he/she meant that the tank wasn't emptying when he/she actuated the handle. To me, this didn't seem inconsistent with a rug- rat hanging on the handle a bunch of times.
I will repeat that I conceded the other opinions that the toilet might be blocked.
Sorry to have caused you all this exasperation. It must make things difficult for you to have to correct all the posts that don't match your own thinking.
Isn't it funny how one never hears back from the OP in cases like this? I guess that's good....we can all be right until then.

remove "were"

I PM'ed the OP. She confirmed that the kid had filled the bowl with debris.
surprize, surprize. We all knew that already.

No, you assumed it.
snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote in

Your son. <veg>

Replace the brat with a cat.