Terrible TWO's

My 2 year old son was flushing the toilet over and over again until it stopped flushing. When I push the handle to flush the water from the tank come in but the bowl it self does not empty.... Can you please assist with with ideas what should I replace.

Thanks SAM

Reply to
smccarthur

I can't help with the repair, but I'll bet this is where your son got the idea from:

JoeSpareBedroom

Have you asked your son what he flushed down the toilet? That is where I would start. Then read the recent thread "Re: I plunged, I auged, I pulled the toilet! Hooray (chapter 3 of 3)" Teenagers are a lot more fun than twos. :o)

Reply to
Norminn

It sounds like your son flushed something down, only it did not go all the way down and now it is partly blocked.

Reply to
Joseph Meehan

I would put a snake down the toilet (etc) and look for a blockage. He might have flushed something down, slowing the water's exit.

Reply to
Bert Byfield

A little confused with the wording above but one translation could suggest that perhaps the flush linkage (chain or whatever) is broken. Reach in the tank and open the valve at the bottom by hand...unless, as other posters infer, there really is a blockage in or below the bowl.

Reply to
cavedweller

Reply to
bob kater

Here we go again with the snake for 3 or 5 days. THEN he'll pull the toilet and fix the problem.

S. Barker

the damn quoted message that You yourself put above your reply SAYS: When I push the handle to flush the water from the

did you not read it or what???????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

S. Barker

I read it. It said "...from the tank come in". The water FROM the tank usually GOES INT0 the bowl. The bowl won't empty if the flapper valve linkage is broken now will it? I didn't read anything about the bowl having overflowed and OP did say that the kid flushed the toilet continuously...presumably until it stopped.

I also conceded that others had inferred another interpretation of the problem but you felt you had to pile on..........DH

Reply to
cavedweller

Replace "might have" with "obviously has".

Reply to
Doug Miller

And when you find out what it is and get it out, consider getting a toilet lid lock:

Jeff

Reply to
Jeff Wisnia

Even better:

HeyBub

God knows we wouldn't want to ACTUALLY supervise the kids... We couldn't spend all day on the phone then.

S. Barker

Uh huh. And when the kid freaks out and starts going in his pants again to avoid the monster?

-- aem sends....

Reply to
aemeijers

snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote in news:98b4d93d-10f5-45ea-8714- snipped-for-privacy@m36g2000hse.googlegroups.com:

Your son.

Reply to
Stephen King

"S. Barker" wrote in news:cN2dndXKX4voeHvanZ2dnUVZ snipped-for-privacy@giganews.com:

Apparently you've never had kids, or else they were perfect angels.

Reply to
Lisa BB.

No, we raised 2 boys and in their teen years we also had (not all at once) 5 of their friends. Never a toy in the toilet. We just watched them properly.

And ummmmmm no, they were far from perfect.

S. Barker

Gee..........you followed two-year olds every moment of the day? You must have had servants to do the cleaning, cooking, laundry, etc :o)

I can just see the little guy, all happy with being big enough to use the toilet and then getting inspired to find out what will go down when the water does :o)

Reply to
Norminn

Some children are not stupid. They're born smart. Isn't that easy? Just because you haven't seen something doesn't mean it doesn't happen or exist.

Reply to
JoeSpareBedroom