Terrible TWO's

Page 1 of 2
My 2 year old son was flushing the toilet over and over again until it stopped flushing. When I push the handle to flush the water from the tank come in but the bowl it self does not empty.... Can you please assist with with ideas what should I replace.
Thanks SAM

I can't help with the repair, but I'll bet this is where your son got the idea from:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WofFb_eOxxA

snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote:

I would start. Then read the recent thread "Re: I plunged, I auged, I pulled the toilet! Hooray (chapter 3 of 3)" Teenagers are a lot more fun than twos. :o)
It sounds like your son flushed something down, only it did not go all the way down and now it is partly blocked.
--
Joseph Meehan

Dia \'s Muire duit
Joseph Meehan wrote:

And when you find out what it is and get it out, consider getting a toilet lid lock:
http://tinyurl.com/3bpdha
Jeff
--
Jeffry Wisnia
(W1BSV + Brass Rat \'57 EE)
Jeff Wisnia wrote:

Even better: http://www.prankplace.com/toiletmonster.htm
HeyBub wrote:

to avoid the monster?
-- aem sends....
God knows we wouldn't want to ACTUALLY supervise the kids... We couldn't spend all day on the phone then.

No, we raised 2 boys and in their teen years we also had (not all at once) 5 of their friends. Never a toy in the toilet. We just watched them properly.
And ummmmmm no, they were far from perfect. <G>

S. Barker wrote:

must have had servants to do the cleaning, cooking, laundry, etc :o)
I can just see the little guy, all happy with being big enough to use the toilet and then getting inspired to find out what will go down when the water does :o)

Some children are not stupid. They're born smart. Isn't that easy? Just because you haven't seen something doesn't mean it doesn't happen or exist.
In a word , yes. That is what the wife did/does. No servants, no maids. Just mom, and the boys. She involved them in the cleaning and cooking and laundry. So they were in fact always in sight. No reason for them not to be.

No, all you need is one super housewife. For two year old active boys with busy hands and unlimited energy, you better know where they are and what they are doing every moment of the day and night. They will push the limit as far as you allow them, testing you every minute of the day to see if they could get away with something. Anything. Don't want them getting into my shop and start up power tools, or fool around with the range, playing with matches, getting into the medicine cabinet or the cleaning chemicals in the kitchen, playing with the microwave or testing out the 120V electrical outlets or get into the gun case as they have all day breaking into the combination lock. Waite a few more years and see that seven year old driving mom's car down the road. Kids are so resourceful and cleaver and will keep you on your toes every conscious moment of the day. A stuck toilet is a small price for admission.
On Sun, 23 Mar 2008 20:10:59 -0700, " Frank"

Well- a mediocre househusband can do it too.<g>
Especially if he really believes that the better we do for those first 5 yrs, the easier the next 15 will be. And it worked, too, BTW. Mine are 21 & 20 and I'm quite proud of the way they turned out.
At two there is *no* substitute for constant supervision.
Jim

A friend of mine has a 4 year old who thinks she's 30. She (mother) went to the bathroom for two minutes, leaving the tiny adult in her bedroom. She comes out of the bathroom two minutes later and the kid is nowhere to be found. She rushes outside and finds the kid on the porch putting on her winter boots. Explanation: "I was goin' for a walk, mommy. I put my shoes on here so the noise wouldn't bother you."
WTF? Holy shit!

What a laugh!

I would put a snake down the toilet (etc) and look for a blockage. He might have flushed something down, slowing the water's exit.
Here we go again with the snake for 3 or 5 days. THEN he'll pull the toilet and fix the problem.