termites

I've bought from this company

else referred me there for pantry pest traps. Not sure if they have termite stuff. In spite of the "green" promotions, I've found their products do work. They also send coupons, a couple times a year.

Oops.... I did search for "termite" and got zero hits.

.

They are called something like Spectracide Termite Stakes. When I was at Lowes they had two sets, one for about $40 and a smaller one for about $16. Before going to Lowes, about 10 miles away, I stopped at local Kmart and they had zilch for termites.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

Now googling up at Lowes, from the reviews, I don't think I'll buy them:

Detector apparently can pop up in as little as three weeks after rain.

The Lowes site looks good to check out as they mention other products.

Reply to
Frank

What he says:

I get them from Amazon in March of each year before the termites swarm. I lay out all the stakes in the first kit and put out the second kit's stakes throughout the spring and summer, especially those that get wet and pop even though no termite activity was present on the cardboard bait (chewed LOOKS different than waterdamaged). Compared to what my neighbor pays Orkin for the same damn thing, I'm still getting a bargain.

-- Bobby G.

Reply to
Robert Green

Looking there, I found Bayer Carpenter Ant and Termite Killer Concentrate. Reading the label and talking to Bayer on phone, you can trench, just 6 inches around foundation and apply diluted concentrate. A gallon would cover over 50 linear feet and costs about $70. Not on label but tech said treatment is good for 3-5 years. At my age, that could be a lifetime warranty. Think that is going to be my next move. My whole house would take about 4 gallons but I only intend to do side where termites are and half my foundation is well above ground as house is on a slope.

Reply to
Frank

Bayer Advanced Termite Killer granules, stuff I put down yesterday, is good for 6 months. I only did half the foundation, near where termites are and still have enough for another treatment. It's a 15 minute job as all you do is sprinkle around foundation and water in.

Also went in the basement and poked around boards on that side and all looks well.

Reply to
Frank