termites

Page 2 of 2
On Tue, 10 Apr 2012 07:50:38 -0400, "Robert Green"

What do you call these things in case I choose to buy some and typically where are they sold?
On 4/10/2012 11:38 AM, Doug wrote:

Now googling up at Lowes, from the reviews, I don't think I'll buy them:
http://tinyurl.com/7f853mu
Detector apparently can pop up in as little as three weeks after rain.
The Lowes site looks good to check out as they mention other products.
On 4/10/2012 1:08 PM, Frank wrote:

Looking there, I found Bayer Carpenter Ant and Termite Killer Concentrate. Reading the label and talking to Bayer on phone, you can trench, just 6 inches around foundation and apply diluted concentrate. A gallon would cover over 50 linear feet and costs about $70. Not on label but tech said treatment is good for 3-5 years. At my age, that could be a lifetime warranty. Think that is going to be my next move. My whole house would take about 4 gallons but I only intend to do side where termites are and half my foundation is well above ground as house is on a slope.
Bayer Advanced Termite Killer granules, stuff I put down yesterday, is good for 6 months. I only did half the foundation, near where termites are and still have enough for another treatment. It's a 15 minute job as all you do is sprinkle around foundation and water in.
Also went in the basement and poked around boards on that side and all looks well.

Had a house built by a bad builder. I bought it when it was about 12 years old. Showed no evidence of termites. Had a crawl space. Some years later did some major remodeling. Stripped the outer siding from house. Guess what...Termites. They go for water. One rain gutter allowed for water seepage. to get through to the outer wall studs. Termites had chewed there way up through the studs to get to it. TIME to call the professionals for help The pumped chemicals into the ground along the perimeter out side the house and in the crawl space along the footing. Also drilled holes through the concrete floor of the attached garage pumped chemical there also. Then sealed holes with concrete. No more termites after that. WW