Termite Warranty Bond - do these expire?

I have had termite warranty/repair bond with Arrow Exterminators here in metro Atlanta since I purchased my house in 1984. I get the annual inspection, and the annual fee has risen to $173. Last December, they had to do some repair work on my kitchen window sill - damage that I found, even though they inspected the month before.
I just had my annual inspection and paid the fee last month for 2004, and this month I get a letter stating that my warranty expires in 2004, along with a sales pitch for the Sentricon System. They are offering Sentricon for $599 installation, then about $300/year.
First, do these repair bonds actually expire (after 20 years)? Or is Arrow just trying to make me think that they do (i.e., as long as I pay the annual fee, can they cancel my bond?)?
Any comments about this Sentricon System?
Since you need a "termite letter" to sell the house, I guess these exterminators really got me?
Any thoughts?
snipped-for-privacy@mail.com says... :) I just had my annual inspection and paid the fee last month for 2004, :) and this month I get a letter stating that my warranty expires in :) 2004, along with a sales pitch for the Sentricon System. They are :) offering Sentricon for $599 installation, then about $300/year.
Best choice would to go with a company offering to treat with Termidor. Average cost runs $800-$1200 with renewal of $100-$150 a year. So if you were forced to get a treatment, in 5 years the Termidor treatment would be saving what you would be paying with the baiting. And is definitely more effective and takes out of the picture dealing with incompetent "inspectors" such as what you find with large companies, such as Arrow. :) :) First, do these repair bonds actually expire (after 20 years)? Or is :) Arrow just trying to make me think that they do (i.e., as long as I :) pay the annual fee, can they cancel my bond?)?
You may need to ask around other companies in your state of what the laws of existing contracts are to see if the state allows a limit of time on them. Contact your state board, or check other Arrow contracts yourself to see if they are worded different than yours. Terminix tried a few years ago to have their existing customers switch to the higher priced and upkeep, but much more profitable, baiting systems and where told by several states they had to warrant what was sold. May be the same where you are. :) :) Any comments about this Sentricon System?
Way too much money for no more results. I usually will treat a few homes a year that have been on the baiting system a number of years, yet have termites causing damage and should of been noticed just weeks earlier by their monthly or quarterly inspection.
:) Since you need a "termite letter" to sell the house, I guess these :) exterminators really got me? :) Not sure about Georgia specifically but most states will have a spot for Active termites..previous termite activity...no termite activity. The inspector should find evidence of past termites and you will have the paperwork showing that it was treated. If he finds activity, that will be a different story.
--
Neat site:
http://micro.magnet.fsu.edu/primer/java/scienceopticsu/powersof10 /