Termite protection for through-slab plumbing

Does anybody know of a good source for those ring type termite barriers I have seen on TV? Perhaps not the nationally advertised(read expensive) devices but a comparable product. I have heard that the advertised brand is quite expensive($200-$300 ea.) and that seems like a lot for a simple looking device. Thanks in advance. Tim

Think caulk.