Termite Inspection: When?

Is there any best time in the year to have a termite and pest inspection done? I considering setting up an annual contract. Richmond, Virginia area.

Thanks.

Reply to
Saml

Ask the real estate agent who found you the place.

Reply to
Don Phillipson

If it's an annual contract, what does it matter? Many ants and bees come out in Spring, however.

Reply to
Stubby

Stubby wrote in news:7cudnXYJ- snipped-for-privacy@comcast.com:

Depends on where you are at also...

Reply to
Pick

My company does inspections in the Atlanta area. As far as when the best time of year to do inspections, warmer months will produce more pests thus making the inspection easier.But depending on the company they may look to charge you more due to the increased activity. With termites swarming in the spring they may even scare you into a high priced termite treatment. Best time to get the best price for termite coverage is before you get them, sales are slow in the colder months. This is the best time to get the best price. You may even find that the inspecter has more time to inspect when they aren't busy,thus you will get a better inspection.

Reply to
Robo

In article , none@no_such_isp.com says... :) Is there any best time in the year to have a termite and pest inspection :) done? I considering setting up an annual contract. Richmond, Virginia :) area. :) :) Thanks. :) Inspection has no real best time to do, treatment can depend on weather/ground conditions.

Reply to
Lar

My real estate agent was a real dud. Messed me up in two different ways. Wouldn't trust her to know anything.

I think there is a pest newsgroup, or I'd ask termit control people.

mm