Termite fumigation in L.A. - Winter or Summer?

I live in L.A. and will need to get my house tented for termites - that's a given, and we're way overdue. The house is 14 years old and has never been treated (I've been the sole owner). Western Exterminator (who did a very thorough inspection today, and who I've had good luck with in the past), says that when they do a winter fumigation, they always use 30% more gas, and that they have the same success rate regardless of winter or summer.

I want to do it now, but a friend strongly recommends waiting 'til the summer, and that doing a winter fumigation is a waste of money. Any thoughts? Also - any experiences with Western?

Thanks,

Reply to
Valentine

Check their warranty and their status with the BBB, but for my money, I wouldn't want to wait too long, while the termites eat away. The L.A. winters aren't winters in the ordinary sense.-Jitney

Reply to
jtnospam

we don't have termites often in buffalo ny, but years ago a new tenant once brought some cockroaches into an apartment and a professional exterminator was required. knocked them out in one visit. maybe check with your neighbors and have the neighborhood done with a bulk discounted bid.

Reply to
buffalobill

In article , briggs2770 @sbcglobal.net says... :) I want to do it now, but a friend strongly recommends waiting 'til the :) summer, and that doing a winter fumigation is a waste of money. Any :) thoughts? Also - any experiences with Western? :) :) You might try snipped-for-privacy@aol.com she can thoroughly answer any fumigation questions you may have and I would bet has reliable contacts on the west coast for you

Reply to
Lar

The wind tends to blow open seems in the tent. Is this why winter fumigation is an issue?

Almost all pest/exterminator companies subcontract to a fumigation company. If you have an inspection report, you can call fumigation companies directly and save yourself some money.

Reply to
M Q