Termite fumigation in L.A. - Winter or Summer?

I live in L.A. and will need to get my house tented for termites - that's a given, and we're way overdue. The house is 14 years old and has never been treated (I've been the sole owner). Western Exterminator (who did a very thorough inspection today, and who I've had good luck with in the past), says that when they do a winter fumigation, they always use 30% more gas, and that they have the same success rate regardless of winter or summer.
I want to do it now, but a friend strongly recommends waiting 'til the summer, and that doing a winter fumigation is a waste of money. Any thoughts? Also - any experiences with Western?
Thanks,
Check their warranty and their status with the BBB, but for my money, I wouldn't want to wait too long, while the termites eat away. The L.A. winters aren't winters in the ordinary sense.-Jitney
we don't have termites often in buffalo ny, but years ago a new tenant once brought some cockroaches into an apartment and a professional exterminator was required. knocked them out in one visit. maybe check with your neighbors and have the neighborhood done with a bulk discounted bid.
@sbcglobal.net says... :) I want to do it now, but a friend strongly recommends waiting 'til the :) summer, and that doing a winter fumigation is a waste of money. Any :) thoughts? Also - any experiences with Western? :) :) You might try snipped-for-privacy@aol.com she can thoroughly answer any fumigation questions you may have and I would bet has reliable contacts on the west coast for you
--
Lar

Oh, if only Noah would of been a bit more wise,
Valentine wrote:

The wind tends to blow open seems in the tent. Is this why winter fumigation is an issue?
Almost all pest/exterminator companies subcontract to a fumigation company. If you have an inspection report, you can call fumigation companies directly and save yourself some money.