Terminating wallpaper edge

The masochists who owned this house before me put wallpaper in the bathroom, including the bathtub walls. There's a very effective fan in the bathroom, but that doesn't matter. The wallpaper in the tub area still gets wet, and is a pain to maintain. Just outside the curtain rod, there's a seam in a perfect spot to terminate the wallpaper and strip inward to remove what's in the tub area. But, I'm concerned about leaving an exposed edge that close to the source of moisture. Anyone seen any creative ideas for covering such an edge?
A straight piece of clear plastic or opaque with silicone seal under it. A couple of stanless screws so you also have a mechanical bond. Look at the clear corner protectors that go on an outside corner, perhaps split one. JoeSpareBedroom wrote:

Paint with clear finger nail polish might seal well enough.

JoeSpareBedroom wrote:

I have wallpaper up to edge of shower stall opening. When I repapered that bath, I masked off a line along both edges at entry to shower. Masked off a line same width as tile grout lines, run fine bead of white caulk, take off masking tape, smoothe the edge. Doesn't have to be thick to seal the edge. Also did the same along the other edges and bottom of wallpaper; have tile "baseboards", so white worked there as well. O'wise I would use clear along the bottom.
We also put a timer switch on the vent fan so the bathroom gets decently dry; set for 30 min usually.
Now I have to attack - again - the two rusty nailheads that keep peeking through the paint of the ceiling of the shower enclosure. Thought I had them licked a year ago :o)

Next time, paint them instead of licking them. <g>
Seriously, did you use an oil-based paint last time, or at least an oil-based primer?
--
Regards,

Good idea. As far as the fan, I've thought of putting a motion detector in the bath zone. Or, make my son spend some time cleaning off the mildew, which might be another way of making sure the fan goes on when he showers. :-)