Termidor or Phantom?

We had some swarmers last week in the kitchen, not a whole lot, maybe ~200 or so. Using a repellant spray and vacuuming, they have been pushed underground. I called in a local exterminator, and he gave an estimate of $850 for Phantom and $1050 for Termidor (perimeter is

150'), both non-repellant, and made by the same company. However, with Phantom, he said they have to drill every foot inside the garage walls (2 walls adjoining the house interior) but with Termidor they don't have to. I asked him why not, but he gave a hand-waving answer as to the instructions that come with the product.

Will Termidor work effetively if we just go around the perimeter and nopt inside the garage? He is going to drill the slab on the stoop, don't know about the garage front.

Thanks for any suggestions. Can I get a cheaper treatment?

Regards, Vijay

Reply to
vbajwa

In article , snipped-for-privacy@optonline.net says... :) Will Termidor work effetively if we just go around the perimeter and :) nopt inside the garage? He is going to drill the slab on the stoop, :) don't know about the garage front. :) :) The termites swarming out of a bathroom area will be from a colony that also will be foraging around the foundation of the home. As they forage into the treated area they now will contaminate all other termites they come into contact with and in turn this group will now spread the termidor to termites they meet up with.

With Termidor I no longer treat every possible entry way, only the perimeter, areas of activity and bath traps (slabs) along with key areas I may determine at time of inspection and I have yet to have a call back on any home treated with it since it came out in 2000. As far as getting a cheaper job, keep looking. My per job price has actually gone down the last few years from an avg of $1100-$1300 to $750-$950. My thoughts are the 2-3 hours of time saved doing a Termidor job can be now spent selling more jobs, doing other productive work, more time fishing...or the lack of call backs from previous worked jobs is now again being productive. Doubt if I am the only exterminator in the world with that philosophy. As far as the Phantom goes, before Termidor came out all the buzz about it from the "experts" in the know made it out to be the greatest stuff ever, which it seems to been proven to be, the same type of experts made even better claims when Phantom was about to be released and it has lived up to the claims for use in ant and roach control that I have tried, and the only reason I really haven't tried it for termite work (it is considerably cheaper than termidor), is that I am one of those where if it ain't broke, don't fix it...

Reply to
Lar