tenant complaining ac not cold enough

ULTIMATELY because its the landlord who owns the unit the tenant merely borrows it for $$$

The comment above is sad. The poster doesnt get it. Sure you dont install solid gold faucets in a rental but no one payng good money will tolerate temps over 80 degrees..

if you have a otherwise good tenant who pays their rent on time and doesnt destroy the place, then your blessed and take care of them.

being a landlord doesnt mean you should ring evewry last cent out of the tenant and give junky service..........

you must spend money to make money.

think of this, when a vacancy occurs you really must repaint the home and fix all the little stuff thats broke, clean or replace carpet etc.

The cost for all the renovations, plus advertising, time lost showing unit etc might easily be more than replacing the AC....

The poster above I quoted has no idea of any of this... to him being a landlord is all about the fast buck.

yeah I have been both a tenant and a landlord, rented a home to a nice family for maybe 7 years, the mom died still friends with the family. I took care of the house they took care of me:)

Reply to
hallerb

Remember most renters are missing something- thats why they rent and not own. So who knows whether or not the tenants closed blinds or installed thermal curtains. did they leave windows open? Do they shut off unit during the day to save money? So as a landlord I wouldnt be too quick to upgrade anything. If the tenants want to leave, fine. Let them out of lease include section about temperature and raise rent for the next tenants. When temps are 100 plus few properly sized units will create an icebox. Tell tenants to buy a portable ac unit. Being a landlord means dealingwith pissant tenants.

Reply to
bigjim

============== My thought also Ed.... the inspector most likely has no idea of how to do a Manuel J...

The OP should get one or 2 done however... and this should tell him if he needs to replace it...

Both of my sons are HVAC contractors and they tell me lots of New Construction (apts, condo's) are build with the absolute minimum sized units...and all are the same...ground level North facing units get the same unit as 3rd floor South Facing units...

Bob G. .

Reply to
Bob G.

If he will clean the indoor coil and check the charge/performance on a hot day plus the regular checkup, then yes. Good deal. My only requirement would be to have him leave you the superheat numbers when he checks the charge. He will know what you mean.

Reply to
JimL