tenant complaining ac not cold enough

Page 2 of 2
Remember most renters are missing something- thats why they rent and not own. So who knows whether or not the tenants closed blinds or installed thermal curtains. did they leave windows open? Do they shut off unit during the day to save money? So as a landlord I wouldnt be too quick to upgrade anything. If the tenants want to leave, fine. Let them out of lease include section about temperature and raise rent for the next tenants. When temps are 100 plus few properly sized units will create an icebox. Tell tenants to buy a portable ac unit. Being a landlord means dealingwith pissant tenants.

have you had the unit cleaned and serviced ? if it used to work better in 100 weather,it may need a good cleaning ,,and maybe some freon.. if its not blowing as hard as it used too it is dirty for sure.81 would be to hot for me. lucas
veg snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com wrote:

Thanks for all the replies. The ac repair man came and said he add to add 1-2 lbs of freon. He said we will need to see if this is a small leak or a bigger one. That did the trick and air was much colder . He was asking 110 / year for the bi-annual service agreement visits. Is this a good investment? The condo is just 3 years old so am not sure about this. On the other hand I found him honest and knowledeable.
On 18 Jul 2006 22:09:37 -0700, veg snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com wrote:

If he will clean the indoor coil and check the charge/performance on a hot day plus the regular checkup, then yes. Good deal. My only requirement would be to have him leave you the superheat numbers when he checks the charge. He will know what you mean.