Ten or Twelve Inch Sliding Miter Saw?

I'm about to purchase either a Bosch ten or twelve inch double compound sliding miter saw for the house.
Crown mouldings, railings, flooring deck and fence work.
The ten inch is lighter. Do you recommend the ten or twelve inch saw? Why?
Thanks!
Climb14er wrote:

The weight difference is 55lbs vs 59lbs. Not enough to worry about.
The larger saw buys you another 7/8" of cutting height, but can't share blades with your tablesaw.
Chris
I've got a 12" Dewalt Slider. It's a nice saw, however, I'm not getting rid of my 10" non-sliding saw. The 12" is a heavy pig, and it's the shits to move around. If you don't have a stand for it, becomes even more of a pain in the ass. It is a time saver though. I can slap six 2x4's on it and cut them all at once.
The 12" is good when you're going to set it up and use it for awhile, but a pain if you just need to get it out to do a few cuts. You could save a few $$ and just get the 10" saw. Just depends on what you think you need.

It seems like the ten inch is a lot less bulky than the twelve inch.
Does the group feel this is the case?
I'll be using the saw on a time to time basis, taking it out, working on a project, then putting it away.
Any other advantages to the twelve over the ten other than cutting thicker wood?

Add 25% to the biggest thing you intend to cut to arrive at the size of the largest thing you will cut. I always go for a little overkill and seldom regret the decision. There are some folding rolling stands that make the heft and storage of the bigger unit a non-issue, for instance; (Amazon.com product link shortened) I'm not recommending that one, just an illustration, the price makes me a little nervous about that one.
OK, now that I've decided on a ten inch saw, which mfg'er?
Bosch or Makita?
I bought a Bosch last year to replace my old Makita. The Bosch showed up in a number of reviews as one of the best saws. Previous to reading the reviews, I had checked out what was available in my local market and thought that the Bosch appeared to be the most versatile.
Don't know how heavy and difficult a 12" is to move, but I find that the Bosch 10" is still as much weight as I can handle, parts stick out in different directions making passing through a door difficult, or they stick into my belly when I carry it. Other than those problems, I am more than pleased with it.

Both are good. From memory, I don't recall the handle on them. Go to the store and see if one is more comfortable for you to hold than the other. If you don't like either of those, consider a DeWalt.

Next question, cash or credit ?