tempstar air conditioners

I've been getting some quotes for air conditioning my house and one of the dealers has quoted me on a "Tempstar 2200 sreies air conditioner. Has anyone here had any experience with tempstar? How do they stack up?

willie

Reply to
willie

Most manufacturers buy their parts from other makers. Their compressors come from one company *usually Copeland*, their contactors and motors come from GE, etc. In general, performance and reliability of an HVAC system isn't determined by the manufacturer of the equipment, it is determinted by the installer and the installation quality. Find a contractor that you trust and whose references check out.

Travis Jordan

I have a tempstar gable mount. It does the job, but for my taste, it is too noisey/loud.

Reply to
Lost-In-Translation

They can be stacked about 5 high....and thats how I like em..

I used to deal with them...then the quality control issues started, and so far...havent stopped..

Reply to
CBhVAC:)

I used to sell Tempstar about 10 years ago. But had too many leakers in new a/c units. . I dropped the line. I like thier 90 plus furnace though. Incidentally, Heil and Tempstar are the same.

Goodman has a good affordable line of high efficiency a/c's ; havent had any leakers and only one DOA out of hundreds that ive installed. If you get thier 12 eer a/c or higher...you get a factory 10 year warranty on compressor and the other parts.

just my recommendation.

Dave

Reply to
HVAC IsFun