Temporary Stucco Patching

I just noticed a few places on the north side of the house where the stucco is separating. Underneath is a previous finish coat of stucco with a different textures. I had not planned to re-stucco the place this year. I peel off the loose layer to point where it was still stuck good to the wall. The underlayer is fine - no cracks, etc. I'm thinking of going over the wall and pulling off all the loose spots and spreading some stucco along the exposed edges and then painting over the whole exposed area to get me through the winter.

The idea of peeling if off instead of leaving it is so that rainwater doesn't get behind it and sit.

I know it's much better to go ahead and restucco, but for various reasons it's impossible to do that now. Not a problem doing some minor patching and painting.

Any thoughts about this?

Reply to
Snuffy "Hub Cap" McKinney

Back a million years ago when I painted houses and did not know anything about stucco, we just patched the few bad spots there were with cement mix and tried to match the old stuff as best as possible.

We just made sure nothing underneath was loose.

A year or so later I drove by just to see how it looked and it was fine.

Reply to
philo