temporary shower

I'm about to lose access to my shower for a few months, and it doesn't look like a gym membership is in the cards. Can anybody recommend a very inexpensive and very short temporary shower module that I can hook up in my basement? I'd love to avoid having to invest in an ejector pump.

Thanks! Crispin

Reply to
louis quasha

Ejector pump?? Do you mean there is no place to drain the water to in the basement?

I can picture a very large galv washtub you could stand in, using a handheld shower wand to wash with. Plastic curtains hung from the ceiling would drape into the washtub.

Jim

Reply to
Speedy Jim

Shower curtain into plastic tub sold for mixing concrete at Home Depot/Lowes. Small dewatering pump if you need to lift the water.

Reply to
Richard J Kinch

How about a large plastic garden sprayer, as described in "Water Conservation and the Mist Experience," $3? from the Minimum Cost Housing Group/School of Architecture/McGill University/3480 University Street/Montreal, Quebec H3A 2A7/ Canada, (514) 398-6723. Their pamphlet describes ways of making very low-flow mist showers with water consumptions of 1 pint per hour (Bucky Fuller's :-) and up. You might collect the water in a laundry tub.

Nick

Reply to
nicksanspam

Take a look in the camping section of a good sporting goods store or RV dealer.

Do you own or rent. I suspect that if you are renting local codes would require the landlord to provide. Of course local codes likely say you can't continue to live there without bath or shower facilities.

Reply to
Joseph Meehan

I was just going to recommend the camping section of any store. They have those

3 gal. bag showers for campers.
Reply to
Les Nessman

It works, I used to shower in the basement standing in a tub with a bucket of cold water and a coffee pot of hot water (no enclosure)

Reply to
Nick Hull

Why not set one up outdoors? Not all that difficult to do, inexpensive, and no water mess in the basement.

Reply to
Phisherman