temporary shower

I'm about to lose access to my shower for a few months, and it doesn't look like a gym membership is in the cards. Can anybody recommend a very inexpensive and very short temporary shower module that I can hook up in my basement? I'd love to avoid having to invest in an ejector pump.
Thanks! Crispin
louis quasha wrote:

Ejector pump?? Do you mean there is no place to drain the water to in the basement?
I can picture a very large galv washtub you could stand in, using a handheld shower wand to wash with. Plastic curtains hung from the ceiling would drape into the washtub.
Jim

It works, I used to shower in the basement standing in a tub with a bucket of cold water and a coffee pot of hot water (no enclosure)
--
Free men own guns, slaves don't
www.geocities.com/CapitolHill/5357/
louis quasha writes:

Shower curtain into plastic tub sold for mixing concrete at Home Depot/Lowes. Small dewatering pump if you need to lift the water.

How about a large plastic garden sprayer, as described in "Water Conservation and the Mist Experience," $3? from the Minimum Cost Housing Group/School of Architecture/McGill University/3480 University Street/Montreal, Quebec H3A 2A7/ Canada, (514) 398-6723. Their pamphlet describes ways of making very low-flow mist showers with water consumptions of 1 pint per hour (Bucky Fuller's :-) and up. You might collect the water in a laundry tub.
Nick
louis quasha wrote:

Take a look in the camping section of a good sporting goods store or RV dealer.
Do you own or rent. I suspect that if you are renting local codes would require the landlord to provide. Of course local codes likely say you can't continue to live there without bath or shower facilities.
--
Joseph E. Meehan

26 + 6 = 1 It's Irish Math

I was just going to recommend the camping section of any store. They have those 3 gal. bag showers for campers.
On 22 Aug 2004 20:06:11 -0700, snipped-for-privacy@roven.com (louis quasha) wrote:

Why not set one up outdoors? Not all that difficult to do, inexpensive, and no water mess in the basement.