Temporary roof repair

We have a 14' x 22' 2/12 pitch roof with a 14' peak.

We are going to install a 5/12 pitched roof on this older addition that will be 22' long and run from the eve to the 2nd story wall.

Our problem is that the current roof is leaking horribly and we can't do the repair til spring - it's part of a renovation nightmare.

The roof leaks that make me the most nervous are those where the current 2/12 pitch roof meets the 2nd story wall. I assume it was never flashed properly.

I would like advice on temporarily flashing and covering the roof with something that will last about 6 monthes or possibly a little longer.

I was thinking about using the Titanium roof underlayment with sheet metal flashing tucked under the aluminum siding.

I would appreciate any advice.

Thanks

Reply to
butwhat

A method that works well but looks bad is simply to use a couple cheap tarps. Nail with roofing nails and shim or furring strips at the top and sides.

Reply to
marks542004