Grrr- I knew it was getting close & had planned on doing it in 3-4
years, but mother nature says I need to do my roof sooner.
A small section, less than 2 squares total, has started to leak & it
looks like it is all pretty weak along the eaves end. I don't see
any holes, but several shingles are cracked. It is in a closed in
ceiling so finding the exact leak isn't feasible.
I have been looking at options for the whole roof [maybe 10 squares]
and hate to jump into something now that I'll want to change when I do
the whole thing next year. [I'm in NY & winter is close & I've just
got too many irons in the fire right now.] I'm considering some of
the metal shingles. If I use them on the main roof, I'll want to do
this porch, too as it is right at the entrance of the house.
So I want to throw a 6-7 month patch on some 30 year old asphalt
I imagine there are good tars that will go on in 50 degree weather and
hold up for the winter. Any suggestions?
Or a better approach that will minimize wasted money & time?