Temporary adhesive question

The tap handle of my bathroom faucet has cracked off. There is a plastic hex nut impression in the faucet handle that sits on a hex nut. it's this union of plastic to brass that allows the faucet to open / close the cartridge. i have replacement parts on order but this will take some time. the kids use of this faucet (hot water) is causing the plastic hex pattern to strip out. is there an adhesive that will temp. hold this in place that won't dissolve the plastic? (once the parts are in this whole side will be tossed so the concerns for damage to the plastic is only for temporary operation requirements) the plastic hex pattern fits over the brass hex nut so there is good adhesion area. - JB weld perhaps? Much appreciated.
On 2/28/06 8:08 AM, in article snipped-for-privacy@t39g2000cwt.googlegroups.com,

I've had good luck with Gorilla Glue.. Not sure about getting it back off later though..