Temperemental electric garage-roller-door

Hi all,
we have a 2-car-width (so large-ish) electric roller door which is about 2 years old and has started playing up recently.
It sometimes wont respond the the button on my reciever - when I come up to the control unit and turn it off and then on again (reset it) it seems to work.
It also has a red puller string which turns it from manual lift to electric lift - it has also worked (more rarely though) when I pull the lever once.
I pulled the cover off the motor and saw the circuit board and there is a flashing standby light. Sometimes it is on and then the door seems to work; other times it is off, wont work and then needs re-initialising.
Could it be the backup battery? The power? Or something more sinister?
(the tracks are very very clean and very straight, I dont think its a resistance issue)
Thanks for any replies.
RM1X wrote:

It would be SUCH a big help if you'd just take the time to mention the make and model number, eh?
Jeff
--
Jeffry Wisnia

(W1BSV + Brass Rat \'57 EE)
PS. Im in Australia, so a model probably wont help.

RM1X wrote:

I am going to guess that it is a open or close position sensor.
--
Joseph Meehan

Dia duit
Does it only happen with one remote? Are there any other remotes for the door? Try replacing the battery in the remote.

Does it occur in bright sunshine?
Bill

You don't seem to understand the difference between an electical or electronic problem and the mechanical release in your door-- so given the limited mechanical/critical thinking skills, better call a repairman.
Edw.
I see why you call yourself "special ed". Stop being such a retard, the OP never even suggested that the emergency release problem is associated with the radio control problem. His post points out that he another problem.

Well its not the remote, its a carport for 6 cars, all residents have one and all complain.
Funnily enough in the evenings it seems to work, mornings mostly not.
Can anyone actually give me some advice?

what brand opener? Get me a email telly at snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com best regards Anthony