temp power to location

I need to temporarly get power to a location about 550-600 feet from my home. It will only need to power a device which has a 12V adaptor using .5A. Would their be a problem doing this with drop cords paired together?
--
Poor planning on your part does not constitute an emergency on my part.

Bryan Martin wrote:

Deep cycle battery? Or LONG outdoor extension cord.
Bryan Martin wrote:

the builder to my house ran 12Ga with plugs spliced on both ends to the neighboring house while it was still being built in order to run the sump pump. NOt sure if thats more or less than an extension cord.
--
Thank you,

Since you're only pulling .5 amps, 500 ft of extension cord will work. Other possible option to get 12Volts, depending on how much you need and for how long, would be to use a car or similar battery.
Thanks guys

yeah .5 amps is nothing even on a 1000 foot extension. Curious what are you powering?
I once ran 3 20 amp circuits thru what was left of a burned out home as a temporary service. The existing wiring was toast, and had been done by a idiot:( Like finding 2 lengths of romex in a wall, tied together in a knot, with no box or support. It was a wonder the bad wiring hadnt caused the fire. cat knocked over lamp.
Had a failling out with our houseguests, they were here 7 months and got too comfy, they had no insurance for replacement living.
anyhow I heard later their electrician remarked whoever did the temporary did a good job:)
I suggest the original poster run a proper line if he figures this may be needed again in the future