Temp kitchen sink ( putting new granite countertop )

We are planning to put in granite countertop in our kitchen replacing the existing ceramic tiles. There will be couple of weeks between the teardown of the existing countertop and installing the new one. I am thinking of putting plywood boards to act as a temporary countertop. What do we do about the sink? We dont have a laundry sink.

I am thinking of putting a cheap plastic or metal sink as a temporary one in the kitchen. Any suggestion where I can get a really cheap sink that can last for 2-3 weeks? The existing sink is a ceramic one inset into the tiles. My guess is that will be useless when the ceramic tiles are removed.

Thanks a lot for your comments.

-Dipu

Reply to
Dipu

seems like home depot and lowe's have plastic sinks, with legs and all, for around $50, and they can be hooked up to a water hose, might make a good outside slop sink later on after you get your real sink set up

Reply to
effi

without a doubt, keep looking for a temporary solution (sink) for your kitchen, while in transition!

-- read and post daily, it works! rosie

rosie readandpost

Thanks for your suggestion.

Actually we saw a decent sized stainless steel sink in home depot for about $40. I am trying to see if there is a cheaper option. But looks like the plastic sink with legs will be useful later also.

-Dipu

Reply to
Dipu