Telescoping Rod -- Small, Light, Cheap -- What?

This isn't exactly a home repair question, but I couldn't think of where else to ask.
I need a telescoping rod/pole/stick I can carry with me to poke in openings/holes/etc. to flush out small critters. Ideally it will extend to about 4-5 feet, collapse to about 8-12 inches, and be made of aluminum or something light. It doesn't have to be very strong and doesn't have to lock in the extended position. I envision something about 3/8" - 1/2" diameter. Hopefully it won't cost more than about $20.
Telescoping paint roller poles and walking sticks are too long collapsed and heavier than required.
I know I've seen something like this before, but I've racked my brain for two days and can't remember where.
Ken
old antenna

A chart pointer from the office supply store. Or an old radio/tv antenna.
NJBrad

There are inexpensive telescoping fishing rods, made of metal.
--
=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-==-=-=-=
Mike Lacy, Ft Collins CO 80523
Ken Hall wrote:

Cane used by blind folks.
Ken Hall writes:

Golf ball retriever.
You could always take a jew with you and throw a penny into the hole, the funk from their armpits will flush everything out for you if the stink doesn't kill them first.

How about a collapsible antenna like used on walkie talkies and cheapo TV antennas("rabbit-ears")?
Try some of the surplus stores or maybe Radio Shack.
--
Jim Yanik
jyanik-at-kua.net
Ken Hall wrote:

Try a junk yard.
The only times I've lost an antenna have been around 2 holidays which bring out the worst in some people. Some running buboe bent the antenna at a 90 degree angle. Of course as soon as I touched it, it fell off. I hope something similar but worse, like Peyronie's Disease. befell him. zemedelec
On Fri, 16 Jul 2004 12:43:05 GMT, "William W. Plummer"

Now-a-days the junk yards around me sell *everything* at outrageous prices.
Ken