Telephone wiring troubleshooting

Anybody have a good website for troubleshooting telephone wiring problems? I just moved into a house that has 1 outlet that works perfectly, 1 that works intemittently, 1 that worked to begin with but doesn't now and 2 that do not work at all. Had I known all of that I would have signed up for the 'inside wiring plan' at least long enough to get all of them working. Other than dial tone, is there a way to tell if an outlet is wired correctly or is shorted out?

Thanks

Reply to
halb

Try this get a can of compressed air and clean out the old phone jacks. I had the same problem that fixed two of the three outlets. The last one I bought a new jack it was just 1.49 and now it works too. or its possible the someone cut the wires in the wall.

hope this helps mike

Reply to
mike