Telephone Wiring Mystery

Page 4 of 4
On Tue, 01 Jan 2013 12:12:14 -0500, snipped-for-privacy@aol.com wrote:

plate rectifier could drop as much as 50 volts, IIRC.
snipped-for-privacy@snyder.on.ca wrote:

Isn't it easier to just get a wireless snowblower and not have to worry about the electronics? [and where do I find one?<G>
Jim
In Home Depot, next to wireless phones, and wireless solar lights.

Isn't it easier to just get a wireless snowblower and not have to worry about the electronics? [and where do I find one?<G>
Jim

That was probably designed to be used for a DUAL phone system. (Two phone lines). R + G are always the first phone line, and Y + B are the second line.
Since you wanted both jacks on the same line, you had to change the wires. So what's the problem?
--
How come the plug on the end of the phone cord isn't called a JILL?
After all, it plugs into a JACK. :)
On Sun, 30 Dec 2012 17:10:40 -0600, snipped-for-privacy@home.com wrote:

I'd be very surprised if what you bought is backwards. I've never seen that Unless you bought the stuff at a dollar store. That's the kind of thing they would sell. (Check out Jay Leno's shopping trips with various mismarked things people send in from dollar stores.)
That said, I never worry about polarity until somthing doesn't work, and it's been 15 or 20 years since something didn't work (that was a trouch tone phone that wouldn't make tones unless it was connected right, or the jack was wrong.)
I suppose if the polarity was reversed between two phones and you held one to your left ear and one to the right, you'd losse a lot of bass. As with stereo speakers. But that hasn't come up.
On 12/30/2012 2:26 PM, croy wrote:

It is a standard "feature" of phone cords that the tip-ring colors are swapped end-to-end. Look at the wire connections through the plastic plug. As a result a coupler, to connect 2 phone cords togetether, also has to do a swap (I just checked one to verify). (That is - "1-2-3-4" at one plug/jack is "4-3-2-1" at the other.)
On Tue, 01 Jan 2013 11:14:04 -0600, bud--

Ahah! Thanks.
--
croy