telephone ringer repair

I have an AT&T slimline telephone whose ringer suddenly has a very low volume. I think the ringer is in the handset but I don't know how to get to it. Anyone have any ideas??

Reply to
aldago

did you try the volume control?

phones are so cheap your probably better off replacing it or adding another phone close by with a good ringer

Reply to
hallerb

Take out the ;plastic that covers the paper which is supposed to have that phone's phone number on it. There are probably a couple screws under that.

I lose track of phone names. I konw what a trimline is, made by Western Electric. How old is this slimline?

And would a woman rather be trim or slim?

mm

Throw it away and get a new phone--something other than a slimline.

Reply to
George E. Cawthon

Good idea, buy an $8 phone and hook both to the phone line with a $1 splitter (check the local dollar store for the splitter.

Reply to
George E. Cawthon