Telephone Jack

Page 2 of 2
Charlie S. wrote:

Noting his disability problems, why not get an answering machine to take messages? He could call back to anyone that he wanted to talk to when he was able to get there, and not try to run to answer what probably would be the telemarketers calls.
inappropriate, or disruptive, please ignore it. If you don\'t know

He does use the answering machine from time to time. Generally, it is best he answers his calls as he is generally available to talk. Those who call often have busy schedules and this is an ideal time for them to reach him. As for the telemarketers, I wish there were more of them. He doesn't get many calls.
On Sun, 10 Jul 2005 22:45:27 GMT, "Charlie S."

Sign him up for a few credit card offers and he will get hundreds of telemarketing calls daily. Or just contact a few spammers on the net.

He can't hear very well. And, would probably frustrate these callers so much they'd take him off the list themselves.
To be honest, I wish of his friends and family would call him. He's getting more depressed with his walking and having lost his wife (my mom) a few months ago.
Charlie S. wrote:

There are some cordless handsets with speaker-phone mode. With push of a button, it gets LOUD and talk without holding the HS close to mouth. Also you can tailor your voice or sound for better hearing. Tony

Thanks Tony, that might be a good idea. He has a cordless answering machine with a speaker phone mode. It makes sense to put it where he sits most of the day. That way, in case he misses any calls he won't have to get up to check for his messages. I don't know how he will like using speaker-phone mode. I am going to have him test it out.
Charlie S. wrote:

He's welcome to mine. I get 20 or so a day, and am on the Do Not Call list. My answering machine is mainly used to screen calls.
inappropriate, or disruptive, please ignore it. If you don\'t know

very many solicitors.
An answering machine to screen calls? I hate when people do that to me. It makes me feel as though, if I'm worth your time,you'll answer. I like caller Id better. Everyone is entitled to their own style.