Teledyne Leers ECS325N

My friend has a Teledyne Leers ECS325N swimming pool heater which does not seem to start. http://www.poolcenter.com/parts_heaters_laars_series2_pg1.htm It would make a sparking sound when I flipped the swithch from OFF to SPA . Does anyone know of web sites which describe how to diagnose it? I found this, http://blog.poolcenter.com/article.asp?articleidY96 but need a bit more handholding. I can't afford a profession to fix it. I jiggled the "Laars ESC Pilot Tubing", which got to sparker working for a while, but there was no gas hissing sound. I must have jiggled it out of place, because now nothing seems to work. My first thought was to replace the Honeywell S8600F electrical current regulator, but now I think the gas flow sensor is not working because I don't smell gas.
I think I have a better idea of what I am doing. These pictures really helped! I hear & feel water rushing inside.
These are the pics: http://www.parts4heating.com/Pool-Heaters-Teledyne-Laars-Series-2-ESC-325-s/479.htm
I put a voltmeter on the transformer and detected a current. I was not getting a current on the pressure switch, and the fusible link. I put a jumper on the pressure switch and the fusible link, without any change.
http://www.poolcenter.com/parts_heaters_laars_series2_pg1.htm I have a dozen of these #13 L0052300, Laars ESC Burner, Main Basically, they are just pipes which distribute the gas to be burned. On the front end, they are attached to another pipe. On the back end, they just fit into a slot, and the whole assembly is slide forward and screwed shut. There is about a 1 inch opening on the bottom. My whole heater is rusted, so they do not move around easily. I tried to tread them back into their slots, but I don't seem to be dexterious enough to be able to get them all in. Is there any sort of trick to get them into the far end about 2 feet away. Maybe the manufacture makes some special tool which on can control on the other end to lift, lower, or move left/right the pipe into the slot . Is there such a tool, or is this just a matter of having done this enough times where getting it together is easy?