Teflon Tape Problem

Page 2 of 2

interesting. I can find it listed for sale, but not on the Loctite site.
http://www.henkelna.com/cps/rde/xchg/SID-0AC83309-7D6A27EA/henkel_us/hs.xsl/full-product-list-7932.htm?countryCode=us&BU=industrial&parentredDotUID=productfinder&redDotUID=0000000I6D
I get mine at McMaster but it's available lots of places online

Probably not the tape, but I have found some China made plumbing that was the wrong size that caused the problem. I bought some pipe nipples that didnt have a pipe thread, they were straight instead of tapered. This really torqued me when I used them in replacing my water heater and evey place I used them sprung a leak.
Jimmie
On Fri, 9 Sep 2011 16:38:52 -0500, Michael Dobony

I've had good luck with the pink teflon tape. It's a good bit thicker than the white.