Teflon Pipe Tape or TFE Paste Thread Compound with Teflon for Galvanized to ABS Threads??

I am about to thread together my sink drain down at the huge waste tube for the house. I have ran all ABS and it will be threading on to a 1/2in galvanized pipe that branches out of my main chute for the house
My question is...i have blue (thin) Red (medium) and yellow (gas but thick) teflon tape. I also have Some TFE Paste with Teflon in a small jar (i think this is refered to as pipe dope).
What is the best sealing connection for this type of setup?
What do you pros use? I dont want leaks :)
Thanks in advance for the replies.

0.5 inch seems pretty small for a drain. ABS is not pressure tested, I would not use it for a supply line.

The tape color is basically the thickness of the Teflon tape. I tend to use tape and pipe dope, but that is what the plumber that taught me told me to do.

Plumbers that I work with have told me to always use both. Two wraps of tape and then the teflon paste. Tighten by hand then no more than one half turn more. More joints leak from being over tightened than too loose. CR

Yes they have told me that also, though I have found tape to be quite adequate.

Assuming you don't use enough force to actually damage the theads, I don't see how making it tight could cause a leak.