Teenagers pulling pranks

Page 5 of 5

He didn't put "talk" in parentheses. He did, however, put it between single quotation marks for no particularly good reason.
On Thu, 25 Oct 2007 13:40:27 GMT, "JoeSpareBedroom"

has a meaning other than the apparent one. Sometimes it can be difficult or impossible to determine what that meaning is.

Mark Lloyd

In the message we're talking about, I don't see any meaning other than the obvious one. Now, if he had said "You should jack the kid up on the wall and have a little 'talk" with him", I would've interpreted that to mean that talk might not have been the chosen method of getting one's message across.
On Fri, 26 Oct 2007 03:07:26 GMT, "JoeSpareBedroom"

I don't either.

Considering that, I get really tired of "education" becoming an excuse for violence. That was true in 1st grade when a kid was punished for talking in class. I already knew enough to find it obvious that it the (literal) pain in the ass WASN'T a consequence of talking in class, but of the teacher's violent tenancies.

Mark Lloyd
Jim Yanik wrote:

Easy there Jim. of course the PD can't do that but with a little pressure from a grou of neighbors they may step up their patrols.
Hence, my next statement.

I didn't but it seems to have put you over the edge... Relax, the veins are popping out of your forehead. LOL

This seems like an annual affair. The easy and cheap way is to have a video camera running on automatic to record the going ons while you are asleep or away from the house. You have proof. Get them to clean up afterwards. No police, no fines, etc.
PaPaPeng wrote:

around, and a long-play VCR or hard drive recorder handy? I don't. It would cost me several hundred bucks to buy even a low-end model like Sams sells, much less a commercial-grade one. Not to mention, what weather-protected locations do you have to place them in that will provide any useful coverage? There is a reason few ma'n'pa places have cameras anywhere but over register- a system that will do any good is expensive, even using IP cameras and computers as recorders.
And just how do you get them to clean it up, assuming you even recognize the kids to know what house they live in (assuming they are from immediate neighborhood, seldom true in my experience), and further assuming the parents don't slam the door in your face? The tissue will rot off the trees before that happens, I fear. When you get papered, speed is essential, before the paper bonds to the trees. When it happened to me, I said aw shit, put on some clothes, got some long poles out of the garage and duct-taped them together, and had it pretty well cleaned up in less than an hour. Figuring out how to coax the short ends off the tall branches was <almost> fun, once I decided to treat it as a challenge.
aem sends...

I have a little device that connects to a video camera. When it detects motion it saves an image to a SD card. A useful thing I got at Wal-Mart.
Most of the saved images are pictures of passing cars, but some are useful.

Mark Lloyd