Teenagers pulling pranks

Courts have ruled; for an Agency not to "terminate" the employee, but to only "remove them from their position".

Terminate - was to harsh. It implied the agency would kill the employee ... according to the review board :)

-- Oren

"I wouldn't even be here if my support group hadn't beaten me up."

Reply to
Oren

That implies there are RIGHTFUL killings of a person.

Well, yes there are. In my state (Texas), there are two:

JUSTIFIABLE HOMICIDE

  • Execution of prisoner under a lawful warrant
  • Killing of an enemy in time of war
  • Self defense or defense of another against several offenses
  • Criminal mischief during the nighttime
  • "Yer honor, he needed killin'"

EXCUSABLE HOMICIDE

  • Act of God or mistake with no showing of negligence or malice, while engaged in a lawful act

Consider a man dressed as a deer in the forest:

  1. If the "deer" shoots at you first and you kill him = Justifiable homicide
  2. If you think its a real deer and shoot = Excusable homicide
Reply to
HeyBub

Consider the admonition:

"You have a right to have a gun. If you cannot afford one, one will be provided for you."

Reply to
HeyBub

Kids egging your car when it's dark - would that qualify as criminal mischief?

Reply to
JoeSpareBedroom

Is it illegal?

Reply to
Noozer

Yes. Let's wait and see what HeyBub says, though. Shhhh.....

Reply to
JoeSpareBedroom

There's a lot of people who say they support that. I wonder how many would change their opinion if the had to admit it was KILLING.

BTW, I suppose you know that "execute" is really the wrong word here. It applies to the sentence not the prisoner.

Also, "lawful" is another one of those words lacking in real meaning. Laws can (and do) change in ways that don't correspond to changes in reality.

[snip]
Reply to
Mark Lloyd

Only if the eggs are fertile :-)

Reply to
Harry

"Noozer" wrote in news:u2QTi.139893$th2.17657@pd7urf3no:

do it to a black-owned car or house,and it's a hate crime.

Reply to
Jim Yanik

Manster wrote in news:ffnta6$bn4$ snipped-for-privacy@registered.motzarella.org:

the HELL it's not. it takes time and effort to clean it up.

wet TP across a power line can start a fire.

You HAVE to be kidding. Do you believe police can be everywhere,protecting everyone and everything,at all times? Are you naive?

Now,just what do you mean by putting "talk" (in parentheses!!)?? Be specific and clear.

Yeah,and they just wait until you're done patrolling.

Reply to
Jim Yanik

Probably none, or nearly none -- most people over the age of about ten are well aware that execution of a prisoner means killing him, and in my experience, nearly all adults who support capital punishment do so precisely because they understand that *very* clearly.

"execute ... 6. To subject to capital punishment" "execution ... 4. A putting or being put to death as a legal penalty." "executioner. 1. One who adminsters capital punishemnt. 2. One who puts another to death."

[American Heritage Dictionary]

Nonsense. The word has a clearly defined and easily understood meaning: within, or allowed by, law.

Whether the law does, or does not, correspond to reality (or your perception of reality) is of course completely irrelevant to the question of whether any particular act is, or is not, within the law.

Reply to
Doug Miller

Isn't that just providing free illumination? ;)

nick hull

He didn't put "talk" in parentheses. He did, however, put it between single quotation marks for no particularly good reason.

Reply to
JoeSpareBedroom

Easy there Jim. of course the PD can't do that but with a little pressure from a grou of neighbors they may step up their patrols.

Hence, my next statement.

I didn't but it seems to have put you over the edge... Relax, the veins are popping out of your forehead. LOL

Reply to
Manster

snipped-for-privacy@milmac.com (Doug Miller) wrote in news:Rz%Ti.12236$ snipped-for-privacy@newssvr14.news.prodigy.net:

well,for liberals,the law means different things at different times,according to popular opinion at the time. "people" in one Amendment does not necessarily mean the same in another Amendment,according to liberals/"progressives". To them,the Constitution is a "living,breathing document" whose meaning changes with the times. That's why they want judges to decide on everything. (liberal judges,of course)

Of course,judges are not responsible to anyone,generally,in power for life.

Reply to
Jim Yanik

So, you're saying the current administration consists of liberals.

Reply to
JoeSpareBedroom

-- Nonsense. The word has a clearly defined and easily understood meaning: within, or allowed by, law.

Who knows the difference between 'unlawful' and 'illegal'?

Reply to
DerbyDad03

Do you?

"unlawful: not lawful; in violation of law; illegal." [American Heritage Dictionary]

Reply to
Doug Miller

This seems like an annual affair. The easy and cheap way is to have a video camera running on automatic to record the going ons while you are asleep or away from the house. You have proof. Get them to clean up afterwards. No police, no fines, etc.

Reply to
PaPaPeng

-- Who knows the difference between 'unlawful' and 'illegal'?

-- Do you?

Yep!

unlawful: not lawful

illegal: a sick bird