Tecumseh makes it harder - WRITE EM

For some time Tecumseh parts distributors had on line parts break downs available to those of us that took the time to hunt the distributor and links down. This was through a on line publisher by the name of ARI. The parts breakdown product was called Partsmart, Tecumseh is just one of dozens of manufacturers Partsmart had converted from fiche.

I wrote my distributor this last week

The reason I chose XXX to order from was the online view of the Tecumseh parts catalog fiche files. When I went to check a part for a neighbor, currently Tecumseh is NOT on the drop down list of OEM's on "PartSmart" that XXX distributes as it was

2 weeks ago when I placed the order below. Perhaps this is intentional or a oversight due to a software update.

And they wrote back

Tecumseh has pulled its parts look up from PartSmart. It is not available on line anymore. We had to purchase new software to look up Tecumseh and they do not allow us to post it on line. We are just as unhappy about this as our customers are, but it is out of our hands. If anything changes and Tecumseh does allow us to put it back online, we will certainly get it back on our web site as soon as possible.

from the Tecumseh page they have claimed a parts break down is coming soon, well we all know web page promises many times never materialize, they should have let Partsmart continue until they had theirs up

How can I get a parts breakdown for my engine? First locate the engine?s model number and specification. Then visit the area of this web site pertaining to the engine parts list or breakdown (coming soon). Follow the instructions.

If you too want to write them and complain that most other small engine manufacturers still have available on line parts break down , please do

I like to see the exploded view of what I'm working on and the part I'm ordering. Partsmart also had the manufactures part number and other data. if you ever used it for other equipment you would quickly see how useful it is. Perhaps many never knew the diagram you were viewing was from this ARI database distributors and manufactures subscribed to. It wasn't obvious unless you took a good look at the URL or help info on the site you were redirected to

pass this around to other engine repair sites

ok end of my rant

Reply to
Mr X

Get a f***in' life, dude...

Red Neckerson

Vote with your wallet. Buy another brand and tell Tecumseh why you did so.

Reply to
Travis Jordan

Same song everywhere......

Companies have hard time making investors happy.....

So they cheat, reduce inventory, turn off cheap distributors.

I discovered Honda, so Tecumseh can ....

Reply to
Brian

On Sat, 04 Feb 2006 19:35:35 GMT, "Red Neckerson" wrote:"Red Neckerson" , Red Neckerson

hey Mary "Red Nickers" Kay you never wrote anything usefull here, you're the one who needs a life

From: "Red Neckerson" Newsgroups: alt.home.repair References: Subject: Re: Tecumseh makes it harder - WRITE EM Lines: 71 Organization: Mary KKK Cosmetics

Reply to
Mr X