Tecumseh 6 horse 2 cycle.

10 years old, replaced the carb in 2006 at the suggestion of a Lawn Boy repair shop. Original plastic carb, throttle shaft sticks disabling the governor. New carb was redesigned supposedly to cure this but 4 year later running into the same problem. The plastic carb is warping when tightened down making either the butterfly stick of the shaft or both.
Temp cure is to loosen the mounting screws (two philips heads) to free up the throttle shaft so the governor works. That allows it to be used but the engine revs back and forth telling me the shaft is still a bit sticky. Any looser bolted to the motor and it will suck air at the gasket and not run right.
What to do...
Option 1, sand the carb flange with 1000 grit on a flat surface to make sure it is flat (like milling a car motor head) ? Over-bore the throttle shaft ever so slightly so if the carb flange warps when tightened it won't seize the shaft? Widen the venturi around the butterfly so if it is seizing when the carb is tightened it won't seize? All the above?
I'm tired of fucking with this POS. My kid mowed this morning and except for the wide open initial rev (2 seconds) when started and the govenor oscillation when there is no load on the motor, it actually ran well. But i know as soon as it sits for a while, maybe a week or two, I'm going to have to fuck with it again.
Your thoughts (besides buy a new mower);
1) clean up your language. This is open forum. Children, priests, nuns, and Mormons read here. 2) When an engine can't stabilize at a desired RPM, this is called "word deleted" and the problem is often the "word deleted". I'll tell you, after your apology for using crude language.
--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus
On Sat, 14 Aug 2010 11:48:09 -0700, Bob F wrote:

PLONK!
Plonk!
Please note that your crude language was deleted from this reply.
--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus
On Sun, 15 Aug 2010 08:07:20 -0400, Stormin Mormon wrote:

Don't you have some Magic Underwear to worship?
BTW repair is complete. Was the butterfly disc binding. A mere sanding the edge with 1000 emery and problem resolved. Now all you Higher than Thou fuckheads can kiss by lily-white ass.
Jeff The Drunk wrote:

Glad we could help, come back anytime for more assistance.
On Sun, 15 Aug 2010 12:13:26 -0500, FatterDumber& Happier Moe wrote:

Did you help? Well I guess you did. Laughing at you was good medicine.