Tecumpise Problem

Page 2 of 2
On Sun, 10 Jun 2007 09:00:47 -0230, jacko wrote:

Well for crying out loud, why didn't you mention that in the first place??????
--
#1 Offishul Ruiner of Usenet, March 2007
#1 Usenet Asshole, March 2007
Sorry.

On Sun, 10 Jun 2007 12:20:29 -0230, jacko wrote:

Starting it without a blade is like starting a big chainsaw without a compression release.

Quick lesson! A scared cylinder will damage the rings!! A burr in the cylinder can affect the ring(s). Without that scenario, the rings can aligned and you have issues. -- Oren

True but the 'issues' will be loss of compression to some degree plus oil consumption. It will not cause his problem.
Harry K
Oren wrote: ...

I hurt things (often one them being me) when I'm scared, too... :)
Thank you to all who replied and offered suggestions as to the problem. Had I noticed an earlier post I would have realized sooner, that the weight of the blade plays an important part to assist the light weight flywheel in turning the motor when you pull it over. Well I learned a lot from this thread. Oh yes, when I put the motor on the body and installed the blade, it started with the first pull and didn't try to yank my arm off.

Don Young