Techumseh Engine Spitting Gas

I have a Craftsman riding lawn mower with a Techumseh Engine. When I am running the lawnmower, gas is spitting out of the air filter opening (where the choke plate is located). The engine has no power, and I have already rebuilt the carburetor, and that doesn't appear to be the problem. Can anyone give me advice of what the problem could be?
Sounds like you may have a bad intake valve allowing compression gases to get into the carb resulting in raw gas spitting out of it. This could also be your no power problem.
Could also be a stuck float