Techumseh Engine Spitting Gas

I have a Craftsman riding lawn mower with a Techumseh Engine. When I am running the lawnmower, gas is spitting out of the air filter opening (where the choke plate is located). The engine has no power, and I have already rebuilt the carburetor, and that doesn't appear to be the problem. Can anyone give me advice of what the problem could be?

Reply to
sket

Sounds like you may have a bad intake valve allowing compression gases to get into the carb resulting in raw gas spitting out of it. This could also be your no power problem.

Reply to
Randd01

Could also be a stuck float

Reply to