Tar or Tyvek under Cedar shingles?

Thanks for all the details. and neither is correct.

Reply to
Curmudgeon

My new magazine for custom builders lists something that is supposed to be

3x stronger than Tyvek.

Is that even possible? That stuff is indestructible!

Reply to
ng_reader

Reply to
Clark Griswold

On 2 Aug 2004 08:13:19 -0700, poison snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com (raymondj) wrote (with possible editing):

Tyvek or something similar which "breathes".

Reply to
L. M. Rappaport

How much more details do you need? It's cedar shingles going up on the side of a wood framed house. Is that more clear for you now. People typically use either tar paper or tyvek. Some people feel very strongly about one vs the other.

Oh so neither is correct. uhh ohh we better start ripping down all houses with cedar shingles then.

Reply to
raymondj

When I read your original post, it sounded like you were putting cedar shakes on a roof and, in that case, neither would have been correct....that's probably why more details were requested.

Reply to
CAStinneford