Tapping into an electric circuit

Page 3 of 3
On Sun, 13 Jan 2013 07:18:33 -0800 (PST), " snipped-for-privacy@optonline.net"

It is not a criminal act. Infraction <> crime.

Citation needed.
Add pictures here
✖
On Jan 13, 12:46 pm, snipped-for-privacy@attt.bizz wrote:

Why? How would you know all the building code laws and penalties across the USA? You can clearly be prosecuted in court for building code violations. If convicted, they can certainly fine you and I would think in certain circumstances they could probably impose a jail sentence. What exactly does it take to make something a criminal act? Let's take an extreme example. Let's say somebody runs their own gas line, using garden hose. The house blows up, killing 2 children. Might they not be charged with manslaughter? Isn't that a criminal act?
And note again, I'm not saying this routinely happens in insurance cases, where a claim is denied because the homeowner did work that caused say a fire, that was done wrong, without a permit. I agree, if it happens it must be rare because no one here seems able to find an example.
Add pictures here
✖
On Sun, 13 Jan 2013 10:04:34 -0800 (PST), " snipped-for-privacy@optonline.net"

Show me one that is a felony. You can't.

Citation, or STFU.
Add pictures here
✖

The immediate difference is a fan box uses #10 screws not #8s and the screws are not in ears bent in from the side of the box. They usually go all the way to the top of the box and thread in there. It will also have a bit stronger mounting method although they do make them that fit through the hole and span 2 framing members..
Add pictures here
✖

wire that powers a light switch. I want to run a new wire from the existing wire to the ceiling fan. How do I tap into the existing wire?
An electrician would use a pair of wire cutters! But since you dont know that, you only need to use a telephone. Use it to call that electrician.
Add pictures here
✖