Tappan gas range broiler problem

When you turn on my Tappan Gas Range (Model No. 30-3991)to Broiler, whether on Low or High, it has hardly any flame at all. The broiler ignites but the flame is very small or only at the far end (in the oven). By fanning my hand I can get the flame to "crawl" all the way around the broiler burner. Does anyone know how to fix this so that it works like it should?

Reply to
Marvelous

Hi,

That appears to be part of a full model#, I found...

30-3991-00-01 30-3991-00-02 30-3991-00-03 30-3991-23-01 30-3991-23-02

Could be as simple as a dirty burner or clogged up with something ( spider web, ect ), so check the ignitors amp draw because if the ignitor is drawing too little currect the gas safety valve cannot fully open, last would be the gas safety valve itself.

igniter assembly with bracket and wires, amperage range 3.2 -

3.6

jeff. Appliance Repair Aid

jeff

That is the model number I wrote in the owner's guide when I bought the stove. I would have to pull the stove out to get the full model no. off the back.

The igniter is glowing but i will check both for a dirty burner and also for the correct amp draw. I wondered if the gas valve was defective. The gas supply to the surface burners and the oven work just fine. Do they have separate gas valves or does the stove just have one for all?

Tnx. Marvelous

Reply to
Marvelous

Hi,

They normally never hide the model# on the back :)

For sure check the amp draw!!...very common to have a weak ignitor and yes it can glow and still be bad.

Possible for sure, rare but possible.

No gas safety valves for the surface as each burner has it's own manualy valve which is seperate for the oven burners. The range has one pressure regulator, but it would normally effect everything if bad or failing.

jeff. Appliance Repair Aid

jeff