Taping and Toilet

Hi, 2 questions from an amateur:
1. I drywalled and taped my bathroom. Unfortunately on one spot the taping is bubbling up (probably because there wasn't enough mud behind it). Should I cut out the bubbled part and just mud over it and re-sand?
2. The new toilet in the above mentioned bathroom "backwashes" a bit of toilet paper after the flush. Could this perhaps be caused by the water level that you set in the tank?
Any and all help is much appreciated!!

I doubt that the two items are related.:))
Yes just cut out the bad and rework it.
Could be the water level, the toilet design or too much paper.
Colbyt