Tap Water being Changed to Digital on Feb 17.

I just ordered a DBM (digital Bowel Movement) converter. Where should I stick it?

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

Perhaps, but it certainly did not show up here. It was not a personal attack on you.

Reply to
Ed Pawlowski

Weeks believes that a little Corporate government intrusion is good a lot is better.

Reply to
Frog Britches

=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D= =3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D

20-2854 =EF=BF=BD =EF=BF=BD =EF=BF=BD =EF=BF=BD =EF=BF=BD =EF=BF=BDj...@joh= nweeks.com

=EF=BF=BD =EF=BF=BD =EF=BF=BD =EF=BF=BD =EF=BF=BD =EF=BF=BD =EF=BF=BDhttp:/= /

=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D= =3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D- Hide quote= d text -

sorry in the case of the 3 billion losing all tv service, where analog is still avilable the feds came in and locked the grocery store doors, so familys will go hungry.

i support the upgrade providing the service doesnt shrink

Reply to
hallerb

Another name for hydrogen oxate.

Reply to
Harry L

Only until the water in the well on Feb 17 runs out. This is because God refuses to switch to digital.

Reply to
Harry L

Neither Medicare nor private insurance will pay for the necessary surgery. However, you can apply to the government for a $40 coupon.

Reply to
Harry L

Note that digital bowel movements MUST be called number 10b, rather than number two :-)

Reply to
Sam E

Oh come on now. God has been digital since the day he or she (or them) invented the binary number system on the 6th day of creation. If god hadn't intended us to go digital, he would have never invented 1's and 0's.

-john-

Reply to
John A. Weeks III

That is hardly an excuse for being either a jerk or a bigot. People of low character tend to be pariah no matter the mode of communications.

-john-

Reply to
John A. Weeks III

Because then can. Of the money you pay tot he cable or satellite companies, I doubt much goes to the actual production of the shows. One of the nice features of my cable plan (that I pay extra for) is a DVR. I record a lot of shows and later watch them at my convenience and I can fast forward through the commercials. Aside from the news, about 20% of what I watch in in real time.

Reply to
Ed Pawlowski

Per John A. Weeks III:

It's here. Nobody's going to stop it.

Having said that and coming from analog with rabbit ears on each TV in the house (with which we were totally 100% satisfied), I find digital tb quite an additional expense for what?

Ability to see the chicken skin on the neck of my favorite newscaster?

Bad lip synch?

Having to wait between channel changes?

It's here, I've adapted to it... even had a certain amount of gratification running the wires and buying the gear.... but there's no way in the world that it's a step up in functionality for me.

It's like somebody forced me to retire my current car and buy something that goes 120 mph and negotiates curves at much higher speeds. Yeah, it's technically a better car... but I don't drive that fast and my reflexes/coordination, not my vehicle, limit my speed around curves

Unwanted, unused, unappreciated technical improvement? Yes.

Significant additional expense? Yes.

Actually-Used functional improvement? No way Jose'.

Reply to
(PeteCresswell)

Per Ed Pawlowski:

I do the same thing with over-the-air TV.

I watch 95% of my TV via recordings.

I can't even imagine having to sit through commercials.

Only gripe I have with the setup I'm using is that it doesn't flag and auto-skip commercials: I have to do it myself with the fast forward button.

I suspect we're the only house left in Chester County that doesn't have cable or dish.

Reply to
(PeteCresswell)

Cable is overpriced, but they do have a better selection of networks. History Channel, National Geographic, Discovery, BBC, and a few others have very interesting programming.

Reply to
Ed Pawlowski

Now don't get your panties in a bunch. Lighten up, sheesh.

Reply to
Gordon Shumway

From where I sit, it's a reduction in function. The noise filter that came with my ears is pretty good at finding the signal when there's static around. But it can't fill in 2 seconds of silence very well. Same for the ability of my eyes to discern the picture even when the signal is weak -- it is able to filter out the snow much better than that thing that looks like the MS BSOD.

Reply to
Elmo

Resiting temptation.....

Reply to
Elmo

Resisting

Reply to
Elmo

Per Ed Pawlowski:

That's part of the reason (besides being cheap) that I've stayed away from it this long: I'd spend half my life in front of the box.

When I visit my #2 daughter, who has cable, I'm transfixed for hours at a time - just like you said: History, Nat'l Geo, Discovery, CSPANs...

Reply to
(PeteCresswell)