Tap gasline

I'm trying to tap into my existing gas line to install a gas heater. The I'm tapping into is going to a gas stove. I got all the line connected, when I turn on the valve for my gas heater it makes a loud whistling sound. Is this telling me something is wrong ??? help

Yes, it is. What size line? What type of connection? What type of valve?
on 12/12/2007 9:38 PM snipped-for-privacy@excite.com said the following:

the air out of the new line.
--

Bill