Tankless water heaters

This is sounding like another one of those "You are both right" things depending on the location. Water quality varies considerably throughout the country and the world. I can easily see some areas where sludge is a serious problem (my 10 year old water heater was lousy with it when I replaced it) and other places where it's not.

One thing that might make me stay with a tank heater is that it provides 30 gallons of water in case there's an emergency and in the DC area, which I assume to be number one on the Islamic terrorist target list, that's no small consideration.

-- Bobby G.

Reply to
Robert Green

hard time figuring out how standby losses can amount to more than $5 or so a month.

Reply to
DD_BobK

"1905 Wall-hung version of the Vaillant gas bath boiler "Geyser" conquers the world."

The first time I read that, I saw "WELL-hung version" and wondered what use balls would be on a water heaters?

(-:

-- Bobby G.

Reply to
Robert Green