Tankless water heaters

Page 4 of 4
On Thu, 11 Nov 2010 12:39:09 -0800 (PST), schmidtd

Good point. I would have been eligible for the $1500 federal energy credit (because it's more efficient than the old one, nothing to do with being tankless), but I had already maxed out that credit.

Mine took a couple of days due to inspection scheduling, but the old HWH wasn't disconnected until the new one was ready to go, so only a couple of hours of outage.
Edward

Just a reminder: My parents' home had as long as I can remember a "geijser" in the bathroom to heat the water for the shower. Later, we got another one for the kitchen, so we didn't have to heat water in a kettle or big pan on the gas stove in order to wash dishes, or whatever. This was back in the time that there was a local "gasworks" that used coke (the stuff made from coal) and water to generate cooking gas. Evverything had to be changed when the town switched to natural gas.
This is a history of one of the brands that made "geijsers": http://www.vaillant.co.uk/about-vaillant/history /
--
Best regards
Han

"1905 Wall-hung version of the Vaillant gas bath boiler "Geyser" conquers the world."
The first time I read that, I saw "WELL-hung version" and wondered what use balls would be on a water heaters?
(-:
-- Bobby G.