Tankless Water Heaters

I need a tankless under my kitchen sink. It takes two forevers for hot water to get from where the heater is to the kitchen. Once it does, there's a lot of hot water left in those pipes unused when you turn off the faucet. I can use a 220v. line that's there, as we are abandoning the electric stove and going to propane. I hate electric stoves.
Anyway, I'd like to hear from people who have these, how they like them, what brand is good, what brand isn't, caveats, etc.
Steve

Unless you get a really small one, I think you'll need more electricity than that. Might be better to find a propone one.
The only person I know who has one loves it.

as a tankless owner recently told me theres a delay from water on to water coming out hot. the unit must detect water motion, then turn on heater or burner and that takes time to heat up, then you get hot water.........
so you may not gain much:(
your better off running a recurcliating line back to the hot water tank and insulating the lines

For a kitchen sink? I don't think so....
He should be very pleased with it.

depends on what your doing with your kitchen sink.,..
wash hands? tankless may not turn on at all, low hand washing flow not enough to trip it on.
long run washing pots and pans christmas day, too much flow to help much.
personally i dont mind washing my hands in cold water.
OP might consider a sa\\mall electric tank unit under sink if cold hand washing is a problem. but note it will be hot water then warm, then cold till the hot water arrves from the main tank ........
a recurcilating line and pump is the ideal solution
snipped-for-privacy@aol.com wrote:

A point of use electric on demand water heater will heat water continuously for as long as the water is running. With a 220 volt model, he should have hot water within three seconds of turning on the water, even at very low flow. Especially at very low flow. A trickle of water will cause the water heater to come on.
Here is one such animal:
http://tinyurl.com/ytmdj9
I have installed about 20 of these and they all have worked great. I have had no complaints from the owners.
--
Robert Allison
Rimshot, Inc.

Google Grundfos circulation pump, we have had it for about a year. It made a big difference but the down side is you have some hot water to drain off when you open the cold side.

Look into the 1 > 3 gallon water heaters. They sit under the sink, plug into a 120 line.
More than adequate for a sinkful of dishes, or the quick hand-wash.
LOWES and Home Despot carry models. GOOGLE for more selection.
<rj>