tankless water heater in attic

I am installing a bosch tankless water heater in the attic and I need to have a plumber rerun some gas lines. The question is this...The existing gas line comes in under the house in the crawl space and gets split to oven, water heater and, furnace. It seems like it would be a good idea to have the plumber take the 11/4' pipe under the house straight up to the attice and then split the the appliances. the only thing I question is if it is ok to take the gas pipe to the oven down the exterior wall. Basicly this will put all of the gas up in the attic. It seem like it would be safer. Any opinions are appriciated.
Remolding Fool wrote:

Never did much care for plumbing running thru attic spaces.....
snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com wrote:

basements.
Gas for my furnace, hot water, and dryer all run INTO THE ATTIC and split off in iron pipe to the destination.
All water is up there too. Routing water or natural gas THRU concrete slabs is an open invitation to DISASTER here. Slabs move, ground shifts, and BOOM, FLOOD or EXPLOSION!!!!
Anywhere that the predominate ground soil is heavy clay will have this problem. Swimming pools MUST be filled year round else the expansion/contraction of the soil as it seasonally gets wet then dries out will either push the pool UP out of the ground, OR will CRUSH it.
I would say to check with the utility company to make sure that the meter is rated to deliver gas at the pressure and volume that a whole house gas tankless will need. You may need a dedicated circuit from the meter to the heater.