Tank less hot water heater

Is anyone using that type in there home?
How do you like it?
I am considering a tank less for a replacement although they cost more, and work well if it is only supplying hot water, to only one source.
Thanks Tom
They work great Aquastar is good also Takagi Gas . The larger gas units will heat 3 sources
Make sure you examine the installation costs carefully. You may need a larger gas supply line back to the meter and the venting is more serious, may need larger size or additional power vent.
tflfb wrote:

Oh and electric conduit for the power vent...
Paul Furman wrote:

tankless not tank less.... moron

Outlook Express -- Heh!
Wow.........someone obviously got coal for Christmas.....and deserved it too looks like.
Dave

There is an Aquastar model that can be mounted outside if you live in a temperate climate. Does not need any additional venting. This is the way I'm probably going to go.
Greg

Mt. Pleasant SC Habitat for Humanity has been installing tankless electric units in three bedroom, two bathroom dwellings for over a year. That is, I think, ten units with no complaints.
Tom Baker

There's been a few threads on this over the last 6 months or so -- go to Google's group searching page and search the alt.home.repair newsgroup for the threads.
We'll be replacing our hot water heater in the near future and intend to go with a Bosch AquaStar tankless. At the moment, I'm just getting whatever life is left in this unit before I make the replacement. You've already caught the down side -- unless you spend significantly more, the one unit will not be able to sustain flow to more than one application at a time. For this reason, it is not uncommon for multiple units to be installed either in paralell or servicing different functions (such as one unit for the bathroom, another for the kitchen, etc.). There are even some small electric models that could be put under a sink.
The better gas units are Bosch Aquastar and Takagi's line. The latter is much more expensive but as with all things, you get what you pay for. There are others out there that are fairly well regarded although the names are escaping me at the moment (search back the old posts and you'll find them in there).
Good luck!
James